By Becca34 - 07/03/2015 02:24 - United States - Atlanta

Today, my sister and I went to visit my grandma. She looked at my sister and said, "You are just so skinny! You need to eat more cookies!" She then turned to me and said, "You should lay off the cookies!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 910
You deserved it 4 760

Becca34 tells us more.

Hey, OP here. My grandmother has NEVER had a filter. My father has told me all sorts of stories from when he was a kid. After I went home, she felt terrible and called my dad to tell him that she was sorry. My sister, who's really my stepsister, has always been skinnier. So is her mom, sister and brother. It's part of their genetics. I've known them since I was little and think of them as my blood family. I've had body issues in the past, and that's probably the main reason it hurt so much. I still love my grandma, no matter what. Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Top comments

Even if they try to hide it, parents and grandparents always have a favorite.

My grandma once told me she thought I was going to be a serial killer.

Comments

My theatre teacher said i might be a mass murderer when i graduate after seeing my character monologue

When me and my sister where younger I remember that my doctor used to tell me to eat more junk food so that I could gain weight and then right after turn to my sister and say that she needed to eat less junk food because she was almost overweight.

You probably deserved it. sounds like you should hit the gym instead..

Grandmothers say the darnedest things

jeevangrwl 7

Who knows, maybe you should listen to her. She could save your life one day. Accidentally eat a poisoned cookie or something.

Ah old people... can't live with em, can't live without them... at least for another couple years.

Sounds like you should lay off the cookies