By Anonymous - 24/02/2018 14:00 - United Kingdom - Pontefract

Today, my mother, who has no life of her own, barged into my house and demanded to know why we hadn’t had kids yet after 6 months of marriage. She then hoovered the living room for a while, even though I did it yesterday, and only left after criticising my wife’s makeup and body weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 034
You deserved it 496

Top comments

And this is when you ban her from your house. If she keeps barging in, get the police involved. She has no right to do any of this on your property.

clairecurses 19

yeah that's not 'having no life of her own', that's having some serious issues.

Comments

onceuponatime456 16

Tell her to mind her own business and stay the **** out of your house!

And this is when you tell her that your sex life is none of her business, that she has no right to barge in, you confiscate her key if she has one, and you also tell her that your wife is entitled to respect.

Wintermelons 19

“Hello 911? I’d like to report a psycho.”

lock the doors and take her keys from her if she has them. Say you want space to enjoy your marriage

thatslifeiguess7 16

Mamas boy its time to cut the cord! Jeez your poor wife Id leave you

Your mom does know that a pregnancy usually takes nine months, doesn't she? That said, you need to set some strict boundaries with your mom. Barging in like this and insulting your wife is utterly unacceptable.

Can't believe only one other person has said this, but is it possible that your mom is jut lonely, and doesn't feel comfortable or welcome in your home, so she feels like she has to force her way in? I agree there definitely needs to be boundaries set, but all this "tell her to stay the **** away and call the cops" talk? It's your mother. A little kindness might go a long way.

OP indicated his mom has no life. But that's no excuse to just invade someone's home and criticize his wife.

Change the locks, tell her she MASSIVELY overstepped her bounds, and she is now banned from your house until further notice.

Justin Allan Bannister 9

time to change your locks and time to tell your mother off. Don't stand up for that crap

harrypotterfightsdarthvader 4

I mean, that's what marriage is for. Otherwise it's just another sterile relationship. May as well be a homosexual at that point.