By Anonymous - 24/02/2018 14:00 - United Kingdom - Pontefract

Today, my mother, who has no life of her own, barged into my house and demanded to know why we hadn’t had kids yet after 6 months of marriage. She then hoovered the living room for a while, even though I did it yesterday, and only left after criticising my wife’s makeup and body weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 034
You deserved it 496

Top comments

And this is when you ban her from your house. If she keeps barging in, get the police involved. She has no right to do any of this on your property.

clairecurses 19

yeah that's not 'having no life of her own', that's having some serious issues.

Comments

And this is when you ban her from your house. If she keeps barging in, get the police involved. She has no right to do any of this on your property.

clairecurses 19

yeah that's not 'having no life of her own', that's having some serious issues.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Most people marry because they want to. Some people have kids because they really want them. I just hope you're not married with children cause that would be a sad life for someone who sees those things as something bad. And I would feel even more sorry for your spouse and children.

WeirdUS 29

At this point ban her from the house and if she has a key change the locks. If she keeps coming by to your house, get the police involved. I know some people give keys to family in case of emergency, but this is why keys should only be given out as needed.

azouwa 26

I would move to a different state if I was you OP.

that wouldn't work. the mother would probably just move to whatever state they would move to. my crazy mother in law and father in law are trying to move down to the state we moved to :l no escape.

I’m surprised no one said, “I hope you mean ex-mother!”

EnvyMe33 26

Looks like you need to set some boundaries. Also make it clear that it’s not ok to just barge in, start cleaning and talking shit about your wife. Next time she tries to do this make her leave.

Change the locks, ''forget'' to tell her.

Not "forget." Make it very clear that she's overstepping boundaries and won't be welcome anymore.

tarabella 7

....do you wanna borrow my shovel?

Time to change the locks and put mom in a timeout.