By drivingmecrazy - 13/12/2016 16:54 - United States - Stamford

Today, my mom once again yelled at me for "driving erratically". She texts while driving 70 miles per hour on the highway, but apparently driving through a yellow light is "reckless". FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 268
You deserved it 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yes ur m is a hypocritical but as you are a new driver, avoid pushing the edge of the envelope until you get a year or two of experience.

Parents sometimes feel like they are way better drivers so they can do stuff like that especially if you are a student driver.

Comments

Mothers, being hypocritical since, well....forever.

Lemme guess, "I have experience I can do that safely!" Trust me i know the feeling. The best thing to do is tell her that as soon as she stops doing that you'll stop driving through yellows.

Waw yellow means speed up hello every one knows that.

And then they claim they have experience.

You're both in the wrong - she shouldn't be texting and you should stop at a yellow light when possible (e.g. if you're not too close to an intersection).

when i teach people to drive, my first rule is : "do as i say not as i do ...I have decades of bad habits behind me"

uGH RELATABLE. My stepmom does that, plus gets mad that i like to have the radio on. as payback (and because, yknow, i don't wanna die like that) i always get onto her for texting too. why do they do this.

CliffyB03 28

My mom texts while she drives, so I started grabbing and holding her hand whenever she reaches for it. I'd rather make everything uncomfortable and awkward just so I'm not dead

yes ur m is a hypocritical but as you are a new driver, avoid pushing the edge of the envelope until you get a year or two of experience.