By Anonymous - 21/01/2014 21:30 - Iceland

Today, my mom made me go shopping with her. It was freezing out, but she didn't wear a coat, boasting that she doesn't feel the chill like I do. By the time we drove home she was whining about freezing to death, and now I'm stuck in a house whose heating is set to "inferno". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 314
You deserved it 4 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Obviously a place a called Iceland is always cold, covered in ice and frozen. Greenland of course is just covered in vegetation as far as the eye can see.

Comments

Hey, I have to sleep outside in the 0 degree weather as my final exam for a survivalist class I'm taking. I shit you not- I am jealous.

Fahrenheit or celcius? There is wide scope between the two in temperatures here (although both are bloody cold).

How do they make sure you really slept outside for your finals? Do you have to record it or does someone monitor you? Sorry if this sounds stupid, just curious.

I know when I did something similar is was in the middle of nowhere in a forest. Nowhere to go that isn't outside.

There are two people who have to monitor it. To make it worse we have to only eat the food we make, which is jerky. I'm a vegetarian.

rob02 19

Too easy, I can do that no problem.

squideth 18

No offense but that's not that bad unless you have bad equipment. With some nice snow insulating the ground, a good sleeping bag and proper clothes, camping in the winter can actually be really nice, especially at only 0F

Some of us just take a little longer to grow out of that stage than others. She'll come around op. They always do when they start loosing feeling in their limbs. Good luck.

Don't loose the limbs' feelings! Have you ever had an arm go through an emotional breakdown?! It's awful.

It's hard for some people to achieve the balance between comfortable and stubborn.

All that heat, and yet such a cold heart.

Although you would think "mothers know best" and would have wore a coat.

Hope she's the one paying for the heating bill!

Open a window! Sit by that to keep cool and the heater will keep you warm. Its like a mix! :)

Wear a bit less t shirt and shorts if needed...maybe you should be a mother to your mother...

Is it possible hormones are also messing with her stupidity? We have 2 in our family right now, and in get-togethers, it's a battle between the open doors, fans, and heaters.