By happymum - 29/08/2011 11:17 - Netherlands

Today, my husband, who's a recovering alcoholic, and I are on holiday with our kids. He's decided he can have a few drinks because he deserves "a holiday too". He doesn't see why this should ruin ours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 640
You deserved it 3 172

happymum_fml tells us more.

happymum_fml 10

He got my point in THE end. Took me a while though!

Top comments

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOT SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS EVERYBODY...even the alchoholic cus it's vacation!!

What a way to ruin an holiday. Drinking isn't an "holiday" while you're on holiday. Try taking his money off him :)

Comments

bubo_fml 10

If I had to go on holiday w/ the family, I'd be shitfaced before I hit the driveway!!

I would leave him and take a vacation without him. He is no longer a recovering alcoholic he is an alcoholic. He needs to want to quit give him that reason and leave.

He's not recovering. He's been drinking without your knowledge. Now that you're on vacation he can't sneak away and get drunk.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
happymum_fml 10
Malinkrot 3

where in the FML does it say that she is drinking too?

The way it was phrased, it sounded to me like she was drinking. "I deserve a holiday too" sounded to me like he was justifying his drinking because others where doing it. Sorry if I'm wrong

dd809 9

Thats not her problem. You can't force a person to change. He has to make that decision on his own. So if he chooses to continue to drink that's his fault.

Is he in a program? If he is, have him call his sponsor & see what he thinks of this "holiday from recovery."

Exactly. You can't make someone drink and you can't make them stop. That's on them, and if he wants to truly be in recovery, he has to take responsibility for his drinking and the consequences of it.

Then he's not recovering! I am a recovering alcoholic, nothing to drink since rehab, 1993!

#72 respect dude, respect, you're no quitter, you're a winner.