By happymum - 29/08/2011 11:17 - Netherlands

Today, my husband, who's a recovering alcoholic, and I are on holiday with our kids. He's decided he can have a few drinks because he deserves "a holiday too". He doesn't see why this should ruin ours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 640
You deserved it 3 172

happymum_fml tells us more.

happymum_fml 10

He got my point in THE end. Took me a while though!

Top comments

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOT SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS EVERYBODY...even the alchoholic cus it's vacation!!

What a way to ruin an holiday. Drinking isn't an "holiday" while you're on holiday. Try taking his money off him :)

Comments

keshaforever1 14

That's just sick..he cares more about beer than his own wife and kids and his own health??

happymum_fml 10

He got my point in THE end. Took me a while though!

And if he didn't got it, you should have thrown the beer in his face. Maybe that would help also.

great! way to be supportive! happy vacation

muchagente 5

..but then every recovering alcoholic has a relapse sooner or later. and it's better on holidays, so he won't lose his job. next time he'll know it's a serious issue.

happymum_fml 10

True! He was never so bad he was abusive or in danger if losing his job, but still...

123jdub 7

alcoholism is a disease. drag him to a meeting if that's what it takes. vacations are not always the fun everyone thinks and the stress may have gotten to him. drag him to a meeting

happymum_fml 10

Very true! He's actually at his aa meeting now.

That's good news! I hope he sticks with it. I lost my father to alcoholism last year, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If you haven't before, you should consider al-anon or another support group for the loved ones of alcoholics. Good luck & God bless.

control his drinks, maybe 2 light beers or tell the barmen to switch it to non alcoholic and tell then to limit the drinks

Possible solutions: A: Offer to make his drinks for him and serve him non-alcholic versions of actual drinks (i.e. gin & tonic minus gin) I swear he'll never know the difference. B: Offer him sexual favors every night if he stays away from the booze all day (i.e. no booze, beer or wine equals one long, juicy ********, next day staying away from booze, beer or wine equals allowing him to screw you in the ass, etc...) C: Take your kids and get the hell away from him.

schaflava 0

An alcoholic knows when the drink is virgin, the same can't be said about his daughter..

First of all an alcoholic needs support, if OP leaves him then he will obviously need to drink away the pain.

Hes a really bad influence on the rest of your family