By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 15:00 - South Africa

Today, my husband and I told my parents that I finally managed to conceive. My mom burst into tears of joy and said how great it was that she's finally going to be a "real" grandma, all within earshot of our adopted and now-devastated daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 908
You deserved it 2 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your daughter should cheer up! You can't choose your mother but she was chosen by you :)

isabelf 17

Some people can't keep their mouths shut.

Comments

sammiking 13
lexiieeex3 32

That's the most terrible thing someone can say about an adopted child. What a monster.

This sounds like an FML for your daughter. Tell her she was chosen though, you chose her, your other child is stuck with you.

OP's unborn daughter isn't going to be "stuck" with OP because OP isn't the bitch here...

moldypickles 29

Having been sort of "adopted" and having a niece who is adopted - an open line of communication prevents a lot of confusion, heartache. Assure your daughter that genetics does not make anyone a "real" daughter/son. That you had the privilege to chose her and love isn't contingent upon heredity. As for your mom, she sounds ignorant and like someone to keep tabs on. Congrats on the baby!

I'm so sorry OP, for you and your daughter. I have a brother who was adopted, he's just as much a part of the family as me. Your mother is a bitch and needs to learn to keep things like that to her self. Hopefully your daughter is doing better now.

I agree. Three of my siblings are adopted. The only difference between them and the biological kids is that Mom was able to skip pregnancy, delivery and all of the accompanying discomforts.

tehdarkness 21

Aww, give her a hug and do something special for her. She will know that you love her because she IS your daughter.

That would be a nice thing to however I think the fml part is that the ops daughter knows her granny doesn't think she's part of the family and will always regard her as second best to the biological child. :( I'm sure the ops daughter knows her mum loves her.

Your mother needs a filter... or a muzzle.

That's messed up. Hope your daughter is okay, OP.

K_kanaka 26

Wow...just wow. I really hope your she apologized.