By PreciousIve - 09/06/2009 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I decided to get a little frisky in bed. After we were done we lay spent on our bed then only to hear weird noises coming from our doorway. To our surprise not only had our daughter taken her first steps but has been watching and now making the noises as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 165
You deserved it 26 714

PreciousIve tells us more.

PreciousIve 0

*Clarification* My post is not fake, sex happens... And my baby was not abandoned carelessly she just took a late morning nap at her playroom (which is directly in front of our bedroom) and as most parents know trying to sneak sex after having a baby is like looking for the Lochness Monster. And since she is a light sleeper moving her to her crib is a self sabotage. So when all the sexytime happened our daughter must have woken up upon hearing the noise and being a natural 10 month old baby curiousity must have driven her to get up and see why mommy and daddy are making strange noises and since we didn't close our door so she can be within sight (why we close the door on her?) she went to us and watched most or some of the action. But the whole point of me posting it was so I can share a small part of my life to everyone and laugh at it, and isn't that the whole point of this site?

Top comments

You often leave your door open and leave your baby unattended on the floor when having sex? Failparent

Comments

Kylias 6

Why wasn't the door closed? If she's just taking her first steps, I imagine she's still too short to reach a door handle successfully.

Close and lock the door! Too many "FMLs" with that problem.

MetalCraze 11

close your darn door have some decency

LOL thank you #115. On another note, I commented before, but in regards to the debate between avalon24 and razzsomethingsomething (sorry, don't wanna scroll back up) - avalon doesn't make any sense. An infant waking up when you lay them elsewhere has NOTHING to do with being a light sleeper. My daughter will sleep through action movies, thunderstorms in the car - hell, she even slept while being outside at a loud family gathering - she's far from what anyone would call a light sleeper! But as soon as I try to move her, especially if it's going from being in my arms to being laid down alone, she wakes right up. Noise and movement are two completely different things, especially when you're talking about how to wake a sleeping person - and that doesn't even necessarily qualify just for babies - I know MANY adults who can't wake up to alarm clocks, but you can wake them just by slightly shaking their shoulders. And "taking care of kids" does not a parent make. Maybe you just misspoke, but if you're just a daycare provider, I certainly hope the parents of those children don't hear you calling them your own, and trying to say that watching children for other people makes you somehow qualified to comment on the decisions and parenting styles of actual parents. Any 14 year old with a CPR certification can baby-sit.

chimmy 0

i think some people are mistaking "first steps" and "escaping from a crib." Unless its super-baby, they probably arent simultaneous. So the parents left the baby on the floor, just chilling. Why wasnt she in a playpen or crib or something??

for all those who are calling the parents "bad parents" are u even a parent? if not u need to STFU! c'mon babies and toddlers sleep cycle can vary from light cat nap to deep sleep... i mean how many times i think mi daughter is gonna take a soild hour nap but she takes 10 min one... like really i am not gonna just watch her sleep... i got things to do like clean, cook or study... i mean really there have been times that i have taken a shower, while shes napping and she ends up in mi bathroom asking me for snacks... soo yeah yall need to back off the parents... cus if ur one u know damn well ur prince and/or princess has walked on to you while u were doing it...for realz =p

umm 132: if she's just taken her first steps, she's still extremely young. where on earth is she going to be sleeping that will allow her to travel from that spot to her parent's bedroom? the only reasonable place would be her sleeping on the floor. or she wasn't sleeping, she was just on the floor (which is the only place she could be to be able to get to the parents room) hanging out, fine, but as long as she's supervised! she's freaking like one year old. and if you're really a parent, you should be old enough to know how to spell. spellcheck your posts if you can't just get it right on your own. not necessarily terrible parenting, but could use a little work.