By chill - 17/12/2009 22:08 - United States

Today, my grandpa sent me a letter apologizing for not congratulating me about my graduation last spring. Too bad I don't graduate until May. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 625
You deserved it 4 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kylias 6

Oh shit your life suck-- Yeah, I don't even know how to fake that. Tell him, "Sorry I'm a year younger!" And move on with it. This isn't even "oh shucks" worthy, really.

Comments

How in the hell is this an FML? "Today my grandpa looked at some notes on when his grandkids graduate, got a little muddled on the dates, thought he missed it, and was thoughtful enough to apologize to me. MY LIFE IS HORRIBLE" "Today. I read an FML from a person that was such an attention ***** that in a world of junkies, murders, accidents, rapes, hell, even minor embarrassments that will leave people ashamed for months there idea of a hard life is their grandparent getting confused, and caring about them. FML"

Since my comment was obviously incorrectly moderated, as it violated no policy, I'll repost it instead of demanding an apology from the moderators and the reinstating of the comment (it is the Christmas season, after all): This is not an FML. Your life isn't ****** because your grandfather got a little muddled on some dates and thoughtfully considered you anyway. Are you so starved for attention that in a world of rapes, murders, junkies, hell, even minor embarrassments that leave people red in the face for months THIS is your idea of an FML?

Being forgotten is an FML all in it's own. Even if it's not as major as you might think, it still counts. If everything on here was awful and terrible and terrible things that happened, would you still come? I don't think so. Chill out everyone. It's just a website.

Thunderbender 2

But the thing is she wasnt forgotten... He thought she was a year older or something than she was and thought he had forgotten to congratulate her... and he cared enough to write a letter apologizing. So the only thing that happend here was her grandpa made an honest mistake... See how this isnt really an FML?

damnrosi 0

so either: a) your family didn't care enough about you to bother with something major b) your grandfather is developing alzheimers (both of these would be FYL because they are sad), or c) you failed and didn't graduate in time. in which case you probably deserve it for slacking off like a moron.

YDI for being too dumb to graduate highschool on time.

Give him a break, he is old. He probably has trouble remembering his own name. Oh and F your L for not knowing how to spell "apologize." Dummy.

Um, OP spelled 'apologizing' correct. May not be perfect grammar-'to apologize' would be better-but it is spelled right. Dummy. OP, he's old, cut him a break. At least he actually sent you a letter.

I hate the word apologize. If you spell it with an s or z, dumbfucks tell you it's wrong. Even when it goes both ways.

I modded this one. I hit "no" though.

these kids are so goddamn whiney. 'oh noooooo, someone got a date mixed up! my life is horrible! i'm going to go listen to dashboard while i cut myself to show the world how much it hurts inside'

r0ck5t4r 3

thats... not an FML... my grandpa can't remember what he had for breakfast this morning. old people forget things. big whoop