By Carebeareatu - 21/07/2013 13:26 - United States

Today, my fiancé confronted me about our wedding arrangements. Apparently, if he's not allowed to wear a duct-tape tuxedo and have a Jesus impersonator as his best man, the wedding is off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 931
You deserved it 8 269

Carebeareatu tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. I agreed to the Jesus as the best man but not the tux. No, I'm not going to dump him or call the wedding off because of his ideas, since it isn't just the woman's day but his too. It isn't too terrible to have have a little spunk at Our wedding ;P

Top comments

Varieus 30

I believe that weddings are all about the joining of two people, not just females.

Comments

I could totally make a duct tape tuxedo, that would be amazing! People do duct tape proms all the time, so I don't see why not. The Elvis impersonator would be out for me though..

That's funny I hope he is only kidding! I would request dumbledore or gandalf

I think maybe he wants you to call the wedding off.... remember George in Seinfeld?

Pretty sure its meant to be more about the actual marriage and your future together more than impersonators you don't actually know and duct tape tuxedos.

puffleprincess 7

YDI for choosing to become engaged to such a sophomoric dumbass.

It's his wedding, too, and more than likely he's only doing it to make you happy. No guy WANTS to get married. Let him wear what he wants.

Maybe he was being a bit silly saying that he'd call the wedding off, but if the female gets to pick her clothes, why can't the male pick his? And I'm sure he didn't stop you from having someone as your bridesmaid, so why shouldn't he be allowed to pick his best man? Weddings aren't all about the women.

I would say that it's because weddings are traditionally solemn ceremonies. Fun and games is for later, at the reception.

Umm well first of all we don't "pick" our clothes that way, we only get to pick a white dress. The men can have a tuxedo with a tue or a bow tie and it can be of any color and style they want. Also it seems pretty stupid to wear duct tape and have a jesus impersonater as a best man, it makes not only the husband look bad but also the wife and..well, it's just stupid. It's not like we're asking if we can wear a dress made out of vines and a satan impersonater as a brudesmaid. (No, I'm not conparing Jesus and Satan, and sorry for such a long comment ^.^)

And also, why tf is everyone saying that they should call the wedding off or that she should dump him because of a little fight like that? people like this are the reason divorces are at 50%. if she said yes, she obviously loves him a lot and he loves her a lot. FML logic makes me smh.

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

Lucky for you you found out now! You've been saved!