By blah - 15/08/2011 16:22 - United States

Today, my daughter decided to come out to me by leaving a browser window open with the results page of an online "Are you lesbian?" quiz. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 131
You deserved it 10 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dickydickman 0

at least you don't gotta worry about her getting pregnant

Ilawlatu 2

My sister told my family she was bisexual a few weeks back. First thing my dad said was "That is hot."

Comments

GameStreet 0

Hahaha that sucks.....btw FIRST

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She could have lied about being straight for the rest of her life or come out.

Exactly, I see no problem with this, at least it wasn't the way my parents found out.... Let's say Gary wasn't allowed in the house anymore.

flockz 19

really Iamnotmyself? who the **** is Gary you lying *****.

LiveLaughFML 10

no. i took one of those quizzes like 1 year ago. I'm supposed to be married to Justin Bieber right now (in June, 2011) and have a baby girl named Madison.

-21 I was young and innocent! I thought all normal 16 year olds wanted anal! Turns out it was just me.

LiveLaughFML 10

flockz, don't you already know? Iamnotmyself is a two timing hoe. haha, that threesome I was considering? forget about it now.

-27 NO! Ive changed! I promise it was one time!

LiveLaughFML 10
dickydickman 0

at least you don't gotta worry about her getting pregnant

You gotta admit though,that is one unique way to come out.

DisturbedFacade 0

Wow that sucks also first! But being **** isnt bad I'm bi

blinkingstarlet 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Blackmail111 9

This isn't an FML wow you homophobic

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MCVelvet1497 3
Glitterhinoceros 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ariannaa_fml 17

You shoulda took the test to see who was the bigger lesbian.

Ilawlatu 2

My sister told my family she was bisexual a few weeks back. First thing my dad said was "That is hot."

KiddNYC1O 20

Well tell MacKenzie to be careful around dad.

Why? There's been no hurtful speech, no insults being slung, no slurs being uttered. What I've seen so far is fairly tame jokes, outpourings of respect for the daughter for coming out, and fairly gentle admonitions of the mother for not seeming to be someone the daughter could tell face-to-face. The simple fact that a comment thread includes discussions of sexuality and sexual orientation does NOT mean it needs to be closed. Edit: This was supposed to be in reply to the comment below about comments being closed 'any moment now'.

glitterhell 5

Maybe sitting down face to face was too hard. I hate doing that, it's so uncomfortable.

I'd be disturbed if my family thought it was hot. But then, I don't think my family cares about my sexuality...or least I haven't heard anyone complain.