By ChildhoodTerror - 26/12/2016 06:40

Today, my cousin left her undisciplined demon-child at my house for Christmas. This child destroyed the other children's gifts and made so much noise that the neighbors called the police. The adults can't really discipline her while her mother is away, so all we can do is apologize in this child's wake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 681
You deserved it 1 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the child is left in your care you certainly can discipline the child. That's not to say to smack the child or anything, but you certainly can do what you need to pull the kid into line. You're there to supervise and keep the child safe and others safe from the child, not make friends and apologise for the child.

I refuse to watch children that Im not allowed to discipline, Period. Family or not, if the kid knows they can get away with it, they will.

Comments

Your cousin better be paying for the damages.

You need to put the fear of God in kids like that and it doesn't take discipline per se, just some creativity in the psycho part of your brain lol

While I agree the OP has the right to discipline the child while it is in their care, it is not acceptable at all for them to try to indoctrinate the child into their religion. Whether or not to raise a child religiously, and if so, under which religion, is entirely up to the parent. It would be way out of line to "put the fear of god" into any child that is not your own.

Sometimes I wish we could still beat obedience into kids.

if she left the child with uou, then discipline the child as though he or she were your own.

momac86 17

Discipline them anyway... your house your rules... if they break the rules they need to be given the consequences and follow through

cptncuttlefish 24

That child would be put outside in the garden if it were me and they destroyed my kids gifts. The cousin would also be paying up to replace the lot and then some. If you can't discipline the child, don't look after them. Because they will raise hell because they can get away with it.

Gensler 13

A lot of parents are afraid to discipline their kids because they are they won't love them but kids do need discipline.

If the child is in your house, you are the one responsible for the child, that includes disciplining the child. If the mother does not like others disciplining her child, she should not leave the child in someone else's care. I'm so sorry that the brat ruined the other children's Christmas. I would be demanding the mother buy go replace the broken presents.

Bs, you all should have stepped up and disciplined the child.