By anonymous - 02/09/2011 22:02 - United States

Today, my child-hating friend who vowed never to have any no matter what, announced that she's pregnant. I've had three IVF cycles, spent $90k in fertility treatments, and still can't conceive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 703
You deserved it 4 819

Same thing different taste

Comments

I feel for you. I'm on month 11 on trying to and all of my labs and my husband's are normal. I am having to resort to an HSG and dx lap before they will even try clomid.

DaimonxWitch 4

idea: adopt one of the kids rotting in the shit foster system.

simplylost643 0

350, Better idea: let's take into account the fact that spending 90 thousand dollars, the time consuming process of IVF, and personal preference have already made her decide a foster child isn't quite what she's looking for.

How about being happy for your friend? Ever thought of that? Maybe she changed her mind. That tends to happen to people as they mature. Some people are not meant to procreate. I feel bad that you may be one of them, but don't take the joy out of your friend's success.

monnanon 13

well said, unfortuately not all of us are meant to be parents but everyone sees it as their right to have a kid. I actually blame IVF for making the lives of those who are infertile so much harder, they know there is an option and will do all the can just for a one in a million shot at having a kid. It also seems to be the case that those that truely want kids are usually those that struggle. Op your life may be a lot more fufilling and a lot better if you stop trying and try another route. I know the birth is a big deal but it seems like you are just stressing yourself out.

rexgar2000 10

So... When she gives birth, you could adopt the baby! Win-win, no?

Lol? You find this situation funny? Some people are so desperate to have a child that they will go to any length to make it happen. Get a clue, moron.

$90,000? For that you could have flown to one of those Angelina Jolie countries and come home with a couple of kids.

sporty64 0

Find out where your husband was that night.