By Tigerlily - 03/05/2017 22:00

Today, my cat thanked me for buying her a new litterbox by peeing in all of my plants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 197
You deserved it 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She just wanted to give the plants their nitrates!

in cat's world that's like super high five lols.

Comments

in cat's world that's like super high five lols.

She just wanted to give the plants their nitrates!

laowang 13

where did it pee in the past?

species4872 19

Apparently in the litter box but the cat doesn't like the new litter box so it chose the plants instead.

Did you change the type of litter or the type of toilet (like from an open to a closed ine)? Cats don't like change. Sorry about your plants though :/ Hopefully the smell will fade.

shouldn't matter. I have 2 cats and change their litter all the time and they have no problem knowing that that's where they use the bathroom. op could have made the cat mad somehow or has an infection etc.

That is a cry for help of some type. Perhaps you bought a scented litter or Febreze-infused box and the chemical fumes are upsetting the cat. Or the box has sides too high to comfortably step in. Or the new litter has a different texture and you didn't transition gradually. I assume it is litter box related. But maybe a coincidence. They could hate a new girl/boyfriend or a new couch or anything that changed at the time the peeong began. Or sometimes it is not that they're upset. Could be a bladder infection. But it does mean something: either "it hurts to pee" or "I hate change" or "something is stressing me out big time". I hope you can deduce what your cats need to be healthy and happy.

put stones on top of the soil to keep her from pooping there too.