By Anonymous - 16/08/2014 04:30 - United States - Olney

Today, my car got towed. My money is in my car and they won't let me open my car to get money until my car is "released". FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 230
You deserved it 5 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh that sucks. Kinda stupid that they won't even let you get your money out. I guess you can get the money of someone and then pay them back.

Sounds like you're in a pickle OP. Maybe borrow some money from someone?

Comments

purplepenquin 9

Same thing happened to my buddy Earl. What ya need to do is hide in the trunk of a buddy's car and have it be parked illegally as well. That night, after it gets towed to the lot, pop out of the trunk and go get your money. Just be sure to bring some doggie treats in case there are guard dogs

That's the law OP, next time don't park somewhere illegally, they're just doing their jobs.

I work at an impound office, depending where you live they have to give you certain stuff but not everything, we have to give legal documents, medical necessity items, and things like car seats, logical places would at least get your wallet for you.

FML_14u2c 14

Sorry OP but YDI for: (a) Parking somewhere that would put your car at risk of being towed. (b) Leaving any amount of money (outside of pocket change) in your car.

Step 1: Tell them to go to hell. Step 2: Retrieve your money.

rdenkewicz 11

They say that they can't get your wallet for you but if you offer to pay double; I bet they will find a way.

You keep ALL of your money in your car? You must live/grew up in a really nice neighborhood

Even if you DID open your car, they still have. Unless you know how to hot-wire cars (and it is obvious when you ARE hot-wiring one...), I don't see an issue. Consider reporting them.

towguy2185 1

I work for a towing company and at least where I'm at you can get personal belongings out of your vehicle during business hours. Just nothing bolted or wired into the car.

trumpet8 6

No offense, but why would you leave all your money in your car?