By Anonymous - 16/08/2014 04:30 - United States - Olney

Today, my car got towed. My money is in my car and they won't let me open my car to get money until my car is "released". FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 230
You deserved it 5 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh that sucks. Kinda stupid that they won't even let you get your money out. I guess you can get the money of someone and then pay them back.

Sounds like you're in a pickle OP. Maybe borrow some money from someone?

Comments

are those what they call " bureaucratic assholes"??

YDI. leaving money in your vehicle is just asking for trouble.

All you have to do is call the police. They have to give u access when getting your cash, or ID and proof of insurance...

I towed you not to park your car there.

Why do you keep your money in your car? They should allow you, with an escort, to your car. Or threaten to call the cops. Call and have a cop escort you. Or I've actually broken into a place and gotten personal belongings from my car after it was towed.

Shit, this one does suck, i feel ya OP :/ hate those stupid catch-22 situations. Next time don't leave money in your car, that's just all around a bad idea. Could you ask to have an employee of the towing place escort you, or maybe even a cop, to get the money to pay them?

this is the time when you call your friends for help...

I'm guessing you keep your life savings in the trunk *thumbs up

Sorry, that situation truly sucks. The tow truck companies don't care. The longer your car stays in their possession, the more days they can charge you their storage fee.