By ash - 13/06/2011 03:20 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me that he is homophobic. This wouldn't be such a big deal, if my mother wasn't a lesbian. He doesn't know this yet, and I'm afraid to tell him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 463
You deserved it 7 021

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I really don't understand why people are homophobic. It's like a gay guy being afraid of straight guys... just doesn't make sense.

eaarreola 3

Your mothers' sexual preferences are not of his business.

Comments

That's extremely awkward. You can't keep this from him if you want to be in a happy relationship. Although, if he can't accept it, you should find someone worth your love :)

A lot of people on this site apparently don't know what "homophobic" means.

dudeitsdanny 9

Tell him. If he lets that get between you, or says bad things about your mother, then he's obviously wrong for you. You have to tell him eventually, unless you break up with him or kick your mom out of your life. Maybe, like others have said, he's just one of those guys who assume that gay men automatically want him, or that he'll get turned into a homosexual. Talk to him. On a side note, it's embarrassing that homophobia is still an issue in our society. Simply pathetic. People need to realize that the world doesn't revolve around them and their way of living, and that the choices(or non-choices) of others don't affect them, if they don't put themselves in the middle. Gay men are not attracted to all men, just like straight men are not attracted to all women. Same goes for lesbians. If you suddenly become gay, it's only because you just discovered your feelings, not because you got converted. And, most importantly, homophobes need to find the articles talking about the studies on them and gay ****.

dudeitsdanny 9

Can't read things larger than your brain? Understandable. Nothing more idiotic than people who actually post "tl;dr" No worse display of taking pride in laziness and lack of intellect, neither of which you should take pride in.

muffinkitty 15

I completely agree. You basically summed up everything I was thinking (:

Oh man, Daniel. You really struck a chord with me. Obviously I'm just some insipid homophobic redneck from Texas, who takes pride in my lacksidasical approach to higher education and such holds disdain for archaic pursuits such as reading. Frankly, I don't even know how I got in to med school. Must have been a blunder at my boards meeting. Terrible shame, that folks like you will be prescribed to my mercy in the operation theatre. I'll keep you posted on where I'm doing my residency, so you can give that hospital a wide berth.

zembof 3

what a dick I hate ppl u should leave him ******* judgmental asshole

Wouldn't it be interesting if he turned out to be a homosexual?

Lapeul 6

If he already said he's homophobic, and one should hope he wasn't lying to his girlfriend, it's extremely unlikely that he is.

dudeitsdanny 9

^You might find a few articles interesting then. Google "homophobia" and "reaction to gay ****"... Those keywords might bring up an interesting study.

You better get to telling him before the relationship progresses any further. Who knows, maybe by getting to know your mom it will ease his homophobia. If he can't accept it, then I'd say it's time to move on. I know I couldn't personally date someone who was homophobic, especially if one of my patents were gay.

how were you born if she's a lesbian? adopted?

dudeitsdanny 9

Yep. Lesbians are incapable of reproduction. They're born without ovaries. /facepalm

zembof 3

And plus there are more gays, lesbians, and bi-sexuals EVERY YEAR all this means is that we r getting past differences emotionally and instinctively as a species and on that note there r also more hermaphrodites being born EVERY YEAR to so if u think of it scientifically it EVOLUTION!! so there suck it bitches

wishingstars 3

usually it's toward men not women I'd ask him what he means specifically