By mynameiscrazy - 08/07/2012 01:42 - Australia

Today, my boyfriend thought it would be romantic to make me dinner surrounded by a candlelight setting. By the time I got home, we had 7 firefighters surrounding our house. Turns out one of the candles fell on the carpet and lit up the curtain as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 148
You deserved it 2 343

mynameiscrazy tells us more.

No, this happened in Australia, and no it was not featured on the news of any sort. It happened on 30 June 2012, aha.

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

I bet you were both concentrating on the practice of safe sex for the evening. Little did you know, fire safety would have been more practical.

whatsup215 0

He wanted to heat things up I see ;)

Comments

My psychic abilities are sensing lots of reservations in your future.

Micheal0902 1

Was this fire in Duluth Georgia? Cuz I saw a fire at 7 here and noone was home:

Just because it said "today", doesn't necessarily mean it happened today. Chances are, it was a different fire.

BunchieRules 31

49 - I agree. Coming from a frequent moderator, it can take a long time for certain FMLs to be published/rejected. I think after we vote, everything is averaged out, and then it has to be reviewed by the FML gods, etc. It's a tedious process.

No, this happened in Australia, and no it was not featured on the news of any sort. It happened on 30 June 2012, aha.

FlameFist 7

#20, if you look at the original FML, it has a location tag that says "Australia." Why did you even ask in the first place?

GovernorGeneral 8

Is it just me or is it hot in here? ;D

When you put it like that kyleekay, it makes me want to become a fire-fighter.

TheElderTROLLZ 15
unknown_user5566 26

Hot Sex, ending in a wet cooling sensation.

FlameFist 7

#69 Having your comment number as 69 just made that a ton funnier.

and wearing nothing but boots, hat, and the fire house ;)

alohalili 0

Op I'm sorry but he did try :/

Not the kind of rug burn you were hoping for, right?

that sucks but at least your bf tried , not alot do.

21bebe 0

You look like kholoe kardashian. Just had to let that out there.

couturedoll 7

Hey, at least it's the thought that counts...