By ok then - 31/10/2016 15:55

Today, my sister called my Native American friend a bigot for saying he had no problem with the name "Cleveland Indians". FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 787
You deserved it 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

Political correctness seems to be the domain of the white person telling others what is and isn't offensive on behalf of the minority groups. Without their actual input.

people who gets offended on other people's behalf without knowing why are far more common then I'd like to admit

Comments

oj101 33

Political correctness seems to be the domain of the white person telling others what is and isn't offensive on behalf of the minority groups. Without their actual input.

Rei_Ayanami 18

Does it not say something about you to assume the OP is white because of something they said?

CaiDog 20

...But he wasn't talking about the OP??

people who gets offended on other people's behalf without knowing why are far more common then I'd like to admit

Maybe he thought they were mocking people from India, and he was ok with that.

drayloon 50

Have you ever seen the Cleveland Indians logo?

Those words.. I don't think she knows what they mean.

I'd rather someone be overzealous trying to stop racism, than just decide they don't give a ****, even if they do wind up getting things wrong either way.

Zealots are often fanatics, and fanatics, although somewhat admirable, usually lead things into further conflict.

I'd rather we all moved past this stupid racism argument and stop being whiny little babies about it all of the time. But sadly people like you can't seem to grow up.

It sounds to me like your sister is trying to force him to be offended at the name.

Why would anyone have a problem with the Cleveland Indians when the Washington Redskins are on the table.

cootiequeen4444 11

I'm from DC and I emailed the perfect solution. Just change the mascot and symbol from a stereotypical chiefs head to a potato. Have yet to get a response though.

I hate how that word is passed around like candy these days. Archie Bunker was a bigot, OP's friend is not. Actually, now that I think about it, Archie didn't like anyone... but I digress.

His character was made that way, Carroll O'Connor was a good guy in a roll.

I have family that I opt to just be acquaintances with because their life and social choices are so different from mine. I still love them, there is just less drama that way. As they say, "You can pick your friends, you can even pick your nose; but you can't pick your family".

you also can't pick your family or friends noses . I mean if you ask first maybe

FalloutScrolls 25

Keep her away from the Atlanta Braves, the Washington Redskins, the Chicago Blackhawks, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, the... I hate political correctness.