By kiss98367 - 16/06/2013 23:48 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 2 months broke up with me after finding out that I reload my own shotgun shells and I shoot competitively. His reasoning? He didn't want to date a "cheap and dangerous woman." Seriously? FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 068
You deserved it 5 212

kiss98367 tells us more.

Haha, thanks for the support everyone. To add to my FML story, my ex knew by our third date that I go shooting. I found out from our mutual friend that he didn't think I was "cheap and dangerous" until his ex before me (at a party where I was unable to attend) started talking trash when she overheard him telling a couple of buddies that I shoot targets and reload my own shells. I'm 22, I have a full time job, and I have my own 2 bd apartment and a truck payment (among other bills). If I can save a little money, I will. Traveling for competitions and entry fees can get expensive. The thing that makes me laugh is his ex is my age, works about 15 hours a week, and has all her bills paid by her parents (she doesn't go to school or anything either). She uses the cash she earns to buy expensive clothing and what not (which according to her, I could "never afford"). Sorry I have different priorities in my life? Lol. As an update, two of my ex's friends (and yes, this includes his best friend) have asked me out since our breakup. My ex also sent a txt to me this morning saying that he messed up. I guess his friends talked some sense in to him. It's too late though. Goes to show that you probably shouldn't take advice from a jealous ex girlfriend. Just saying.

Top comments

You sound like an awesome women! Screw you now ex, someone will love you for you!

Kristoffer 35

you rock, that's all I gots to say. his loss.

Comments

Well I don't like guns personally, but unless you're some crazed shooter who sleeps with a rifle under her pillow, I don't see why your hobby should affect your relationship. It's probably just an excuse. That or he was planning to cheat on you and was afraid of the consequences :)

streetriots 9

It's much easier to sleep with a handgun under the pillow. Rifles and shotguns go next to the bed.

MerrikBarbarian 9

High five to a fellow gun loving girl! You'll find the right person who can appreciate that eventually. Great bonding teaching a partner how to shoot and competing with them :)

LoL is seriously? Hahaha such a insecure little bitch he is

Indeed, they are in the Summer split for both NA and EUA.

SkyGuy32 17

Something tells me #19 doesn't speak English as a first language. I would assume he/she spoke Spanish.

challan 19

OP, I've been there personally. Some men hate the idea of a woman being able to take care of herself, and need to feel like they are the protector. I once had a guy take me to the range on a date. I was a better shot, and he was annoyed. On the way home his car broke down and I fixed it... Needless to say, he didn't call again!

That sucks about your date and OPs boyfriend. Some men are just not gun people and dont get how much we love them or how safe they are in the right hands. I didnt want my husband getting a gun (3 yrs into our marriage) now we both are trained and love them. The right guys is out there for you ladies! Dont settle

kikks_xx 10

I understand why he might thing you're "dangerous" but what does cheap have to do with this?

#29 there are several reasons why she loads her own. Most likely it's not cheaper that production ammo. If she's competing, she wants to "tune" the load for best performance.

Since when was shooting considered cheap? Where I'm from its expensive as **** and considered a rich-mans sport.. Also, shooting is fun, and sometimes its good to know how to handle a weapon..

Lost_Ghost 8

I don't know what's sexier, a gun friendly woman, or a damn good cook. I tend to lean towards the gun friendly. Find a real man.

Lost_Ghost 8
streetriots 9

There are plenty that can do both.

Put him up on the firing line and shoot his corpse. 20 pinots for the head, 10 for the chest, 5 for the arms and legs and 50 for each nut. But to make sure he survives, make sure you use rubber pellets in the shells.

But if he's already a corpse...? Nevermind.

20 pinots? She'd be really drunk after that!