By kiss98367 - 16/06/2013 23:48 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 2 months broke up with me after finding out that I reload my own shotgun shells and I shoot competitively. His reasoning? He didn't want to date a "cheap and dangerous woman." Seriously? FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 068
You deserved it 5 212

kiss98367 tells us more.

Haha, thanks for the support everyone. To add to my FML story, my ex knew by our third date that I go shooting. I found out from our mutual friend that he didn't think I was "cheap and dangerous" until his ex before me (at a party where I was unable to attend) started talking trash when she overheard him telling a couple of buddies that I shoot targets and reload my own shells. I'm 22, I have a full time job, and I have my own 2 bd apartment and a truck payment (among other bills). If I can save a little money, I will. Traveling for competitions and entry fees can get expensive. The thing that makes me laugh is his ex is my age, works about 15 hours a week, and has all her bills paid by her parents (she doesn't go to school or anything either). She uses the cash she earns to buy expensive clothing and what not (which according to her, I could "never afford"). Sorry I have different priorities in my life? Lol. As an update, two of my ex's friends (and yes, this includes his best friend) have asked me out since our breakup. My ex also sent a txt to me this morning saying that he messed up. I guess his friends talked some sense in to him. It's too late though. Goes to show that you probably shouldn't take advice from a jealous ex girlfriend. Just saying.

Top comments

You sound like an awesome women! Screw you now ex, someone will love you for you!

Kristoffer 35

you rock, that's all I gots to say. his loss.

Comments

jeeepfan436 3

Wow what a douche , a woman who can shoot and reload I an A in my book

coldsteel106 2

That's pathetic! I wish I could find a girl like you.

Haha, thanks for the support everyone. To add to my FML story, my ex knew by our third date that I go shooting. I found out from our mutual friend that he didn't think I was "cheap and dangerous" until his ex before me (at a party where I was unable to attend) started talking trash when she overheard him telling a couple of buddies that I shoot targets and reload my own shells. I'm 22, I have a full time job, and I have my own 2 bd apartment and a truck payment (among other bills). If I can save a little money, I will. Traveling for competitions and entry fees can get expensive. The thing that makes me laugh is his ex is my age, works about 15 hours a week, and has all her bills paid by her parents (she doesn't go to school or anything either). She uses the cash she earns to buy expensive clothing and what not (which according to her, I could "never afford"). Sorry I have different priorities in my life? Lol. As an update, two of my ex's friends (and yes, this includes his best friend) have asked me out since our breakup. My ex also sent a txt to me this morning saying that he messed up. I guess his friends talked some sense in to him. It's too late though. Goes to show that you probably shouldn't take advice from a jealous ex girlfriend. Just saying.

Sorry to hear that. Some exes just don't know when to move on with their life and stay out of other people's. His ex sounds like a superficial bitch. He doesn't deserve you anyway. You deserve better OP!! :)

Kristoffer 35

you rock, that's all I gots to say. his loss.

My uncle is also a competitive shooter and the two of us shoot clay pigeons in his back yard all the time (He owns a large plot of land). He also taught me how to reload all sorts of different ammunition. I can say from experience that it's not 'cheap' when you have to put in a fair amount of time while reloading all of that so kudos to you. Your ex made a dumb mistake and you shouldn't do the same thing, find a better guy than that.

You ask me he's missing out, you shoot guns AND you're gorgeous, sorry if I sound creepy

TheDrifter 23

Even though it may save a few bucks, the reason I reload it's primarily to get the custom loads I prefer. You simply can't buy a round that's exactly what everyone wants for competitions, some of us even switch loads for specific events or range conditions.

TheHeavyOne 15

I also re-load, not because it's cheaper but because I than know for sure what I am shooting.

:) thumbs down this useless comment.

Reloading shells is the way to go especially in the Us now that most stores are jacking up the prices due to Obama and certain states legislation. Here in Maryland a box of shot gun shells that were 8 bucks a month ago are now 19 :/

Scratch my comment. I read it wrong.

rogwest 23

Piss on him nothing wrong with a chick that can shoot an load her own ammo!

Haha, don't take him back. Date his best friend and make that little bitch jealous.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

You sound like you have your head on straight op. Stay strong and find a man with your time!

After reading all of that, I just want to say "**** YEAH, MOTHER ******."

Isa_fml 20

You sound more like a badass woman to me. :) You can do better than that prick.

He obviously doesn't deserve you anyway!

What a douchebag you sound amazing and I agree with the above can shoot a gun and gorgeous date his best friend then go get Channing tatum,

You shoot drive a truck and don't spend money frivolously. Will you marry me? Unless its a ford then I take it back. If you also fish and drink I can get over the ford

So much win on your side. It's good he's out of your life now

Now burn your bra and send in a picture to The Chive!

A lot of girls around here are extremely jealous as well. I only shoot for fun and hunting but I also like to go mudding, atv and the big Chevy. I also like my dresses and high heels so girls get really mad cause I get the attention cause I can hold a conversation with a guy without being all slutty. I'm sorry op, you are a badass chick don't let one little guy and his crazy ex get you down.

Glad to hear it's too late! It's beyond stupid to listen to your ex girlfriend like that. And no need to defend your reloading, its simply the smarter route!

Glad to hear you didn't give him another chance! You are awesome :)

nurchok 15

Love redneck girls. Please don't take this the wrong way... You deserve better...

threer 30

Date one of his friends ? ;) Sounds like they'd understand the jewel of a sexy woman at the shooting range. Anyways, you sound like you have it all set straight . Keep shooting straight . p:

grahmagog 14

Youbshoykd end your best friends agony and get with him...let him ve part of the successful few to end "friendzone"

Well, now who will protect him from zombies when the zombie outbreak happens? I think its cool that you can use a gun, only guns I can use are in video games (Resident Evil FTW ;) So FYL, what an idiot he was to let you go!

more like FHL, he missed out on a kick ass woman.

imtooshy 18

Way to keep your priorities straight, good luck sweetie :-)

yzzami 17

I was unaware that reloading your gun yourself was a bad thing. Its odd news

reloading the spent shells -_______________- taking an empty shell and making it into a cartridge again. jeez louise.

I didn't know what it meant either. Not being exposed to arms and not knowing the terminology is more common than you think. But thanks, now I know.

homiwan 13

I demand a SHOTGUN-WEDDING!!!

"This is my rifle, this is my gun! This is for fighting, and this is for fun!"