By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 15:36 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend informed me via text message that he had moved to Bristol, and the reason he had ignored me the past fortnight was because he didn't know how to tell me. He knew he was moving even before we even got together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 564
You deserved it 2 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In British English, people would almost always say fortnight instead of two weeks. We think it's odd that Americans find it cute.

Even before you even? Are you even from tumblr even?

Comments

Actually, Alan, if someone googled Bristol, they would find numerous places with the same name. There is a Bristol in the US that is right on the state line of Tennessee and Virginia. Google that. I also want to think there are several towns named Paris in the US as well.. But whatever.

True, but seeing as how OP is in the UK, it kind of narrows it down somewhat.

Even so, it doesn't even mean she even knew about even this unevenly fair problem even!

Petawhitney 2

There's a "V" of geese flying around Bristol even somewhere...

Your BF was a coward - you can do better.

ckjacques53198 0

He probably did it because you're the kind of person who says "fortnight."

I wouldn't think so as in Bristol, same as all of England, we use 'fortnight' all the time. It's just normal.

RedPillSucks 31

Surprise him with the 3hr drive from Doncaster to Bristol. Say hello with a brick. (how much country driving vs city driving?)

Lol paris,texas. I live near there. Somewhat like an hour or so.

HI FIVE for being a fellow Bristolian! *puts hand up* .. no? ..no one?... ok.. whatever. I'm happy Bristol got mentioned in an FML.. even if it's in a bad way. AND YES, BRISTOL IS IN THE UK.. just google it if you want more info. and well.. on the plus, at least he's not moving countries... but he sounds like a douche anyway, so for your sake, probz best to get a better more local guy!