By Anonymous - 14/11/2010 08:46 - United States

Today, my boyfriend came over with a broken engraved bracelet that I paid 50 dollars for. I was so angry but when I stated "I am going to call them and get a new one!" my boyfriend said back to me "No it's okay, I didn't really like it anyways." It was for our 2 year anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 059
You deserved it 15 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe he just not into wearing bracelets?

mintcar 9

Some guys aren't into wearing bracelets and such. You should already know by now what he likes and doesn't like.

Comments

I find all the comments about how guys don't like bracelets interesting. It is totally possible to get bracelets that aren't effeminate looking, and there are non-gay guys who like them. I bought my sweetheart an engraved bracelet. But it's very rustic looking, made from leather and copper. He wears it all the time. He also wears a blue bracelet that was mine, that I happened to put on his wrist one day. So bracelets are a viable gift for some guys! OP obviously didn't understand her guy was one of those who would wear bracelets, or she didn't spend any time looking for one that was right for him. Also, YDI OP, just for being dramatic enough to post this on FML.

Who cares? Like yeah it might hurt your feeling due to the sentimental value it holds, but it sounds like he still wore it which mean he did that for you. I always tell my sig other if I ever buy something you don't like just return and get yourself something you do. Stupid to waste money on gifts you don't like! Idc there happy I'm happy its all good dont worry about it too much O.P.

magnetic_aura 26

I'd be happy that he wore it at all. Most men don't like bracelets, he didn't like that bracelet but wore it because of how much you (and your relationship) mean to him. Next anniversary ask him what he would like, and he'll wear it even more! Good luck, OP!

$50 for a bracelet is cheap...and he probably did it on purpose so that he wouldn't have to wear it. Get over it.