By Anonymous - 14/11/2010 08:46 - United States

Today, my boyfriend came over with a broken engraved bracelet that I paid 50 dollars for. I was so angry but when I stated "I am going to call them and get a new one!" my boyfriend said back to me "No it's okay, I didn't really like it anyways." It was for our 2 year anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 059
You deserved it 15 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe he just not into wearing bracelets?

mintcar 9

Some guys aren't into wearing bracelets and such. You should already know by now what he likes and doesn't like.

Comments

U only spent 50$ on ur bf for ur two year?!?! But yeah that's kinda mean of him to say.

An xbox 360 game, like Black OPS, costs more than that 2 year anniversary present. That's pretty sad for you to spend that little on the gift.

thisgirl2u 9

Is it really the price of a gift that matters?? How much exactly are you expected to spend on your significant other over the years?? In the end is it not better that you buy something that suits their taste and makes them happy regardless of a price tag?? A few materialistic people here in this crowd I do believe :/

BusHPilot 2

maybe he's the one that broke it.

CoolChik 5

Ignore everyone on here because they are idiots. A bracelet for a guy is not a bad thing. I have actually considered buying my boyfriend an ID bracelet several times. My dad got one from a girlfriend from high school (he's 42 now) and still has it. It's a good idea. Spendig $50 on a present isn't bad either. The time you two spend together is more important than the money you spend. Seriously...it's ridiculous how people are making over how "little" you spent. You shouldn't have to break the bank like that. Talk about materialistic. Honestly, I can't even remember if me and my boyfriend exchanged gifts for our 2 year anniversary. I'm pretty sure instead we just spent the day together and went to a baseball game and the mall. Therefore, you can have a great anniversary without spending $100+ on gifts. Sorry he sounded so mean. Maybe he didn't realize the way it sounded. Either way, I hope everything works out!

that is really rude of him, but helpful hint, guys aren't usually big on jewelry like that.

I have to say that if it was for a two year anniversary, it seems that you should have been aware that maybe that's not the kind of gift he would have wanted. Maybe your heart was in the right place, but you bought something that you would like not something that he would like. In the end, he sounds like he wanted to save you the money of replacing it since it wasn't really his cup of tea, even if he was a little blunt about it.

KGB_Is_here 0

Well personally if I got a present I didn't like for my two year anniversary, I wouldn't be happy. Firstly, OP you didn't even know what he liked? Or you did, but you bought things you liked for him? Secondly, he didn't complain, he kept it, sounds like a pretty good boyfriend to me actually. Plus, he's being honest with you. And saving you money, since you're so worked up about the whole 50 dollars thing.