By broke4life - 28/10/2015 22:16

Today, my boyfriend called me to ask if I knew the serial number for my laptop. I had given him my $650 gaming laptop to sell in his electronics store because I didn't need it and could use the money. Apparently it was stolen at some point yesterday and his cameras were turned off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 412
You deserved it 1 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His cameras being turned off sounds awful convenient... I do hope you get your laptop back.

I hope that you/his store have theft insurance because that's a pretty substantial loss!

Comments

Ditto...it was his responsibility to record the serial before he put it where anyone else could see it! And sorry to say YDI for giving it to someone (boyfriend) that didn't know that!

yeah, if you want it back call me (631)756-9584 sorry i stole it

i8cake 12

This sounds a bit fishy if you ask me!

He's probably trying to ask if u knew so you wouldn't report it. He probably sold it for a good profit and no, you're not getting the share.

The suspicion level of the convince on this FML is over 9000

Justy101 23

This doesn't sound suspicious at all... As an electronics goods store, he should have recorded the serial number himself for his own store records. It appears to me that he was asking you for the serial number to confirm that you didn't know it/have it recorded and therefore he could get away with it. If you said you did know it, he probably would have magically found it sitting in the dumpster out back or some bullshit. Also, the convenient timing with the cameras being off would make it difficult to get the insurance company to be cooperative.

Ok. I feel bad for you, that's a huge loss in money, but $650 for a gaming laptop is really cheap compared to most of the ones I've seen (I.e. Lenovo, Asus, Alienware)

You need to remember that this is a used gaming laptop, probably a few years old not a brand new top hardware model.

he owes you a fair amount of cash for it..he is your BF you will get the money