By screwed - 30/10/2009 21:24 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called and asked me why I love him. I told him because he's always there for me and continues to put up with my bipolar disorder. He promptly said "not anymore" and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 007
You deserved it 5 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If that's not the definition of a douche, I don't know what is.

perdix 29

Your manic side deserves better than that jerk, but he was out of you depressive side's league.

Comments

Taalix 0

That sucks. If a boy, if anyone did that to me, I'd punch them in the face the next time I saw them. I'm also an agressive, bi polar girl... so.... yeah. :/

invisiblerabbit 0

are you half eskimo and half antarctican? is that where your 'bipolar' side comes out..? your bf is a racist.

skybeau 0

That's horrible!! An arsehole who can't handle some of your baggage isn't worth the heartache. Don't worry, cliche as it sounds, there are plenty of good, kind guys out there. My boyfriend has put up with my PTSD and depression for a few years now...hopefully he can put up with it for a few years more

#23 Bipolar is a hell of allot more than just "a little baggage" What he did was horrible. But I have to tell you. I remember when if you had bipolar people just thought you were crazy and there was no help. Now there is help and people work towards helping people who have it. But still no one thinks of the people who are around people with bipolar. My mother is bipolar severe. Growing up with or being with someone has the same psychological affect as growing up with or being with someone who is a drug addict. It is a horrible roller coaster ride, I know I was on it. In one second my mother would be nice and happy and everything was wonderful and then, like someone flipped a switch, she would be asking me to get my fathers gun and to kill her. It is a rough ride for people who are around those with bipolar and it is extremely difficult to handle and unless you are close to someone who is bipolar you cannot understand. So while what this guy did was very very mean and I have sympathy for you, but I also have sympathy for him as well.

perstephane 4

#38 - My father is bipolar, so I see where you're coming from. I am also bipolar, however, and even suffer PTSD from some of what he's done. Having seen it from both sides, I make sure that I never go on about suicide, I never scream and yell for no reason, and I have my symptoms under control. But having been on both ends, I can say it's more difficult to have it than it is to be around someone with it.

ShUt_YoUr_LiPS 0

I'm really sorry. :( Things will get better eventually.