By superminty - 04/12/2012 08:12 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, my boyfriend and I had a disagreement over the pronunciation of the word "train." It turned into a heated debate that lasted all night and ended with us sleeping in separate rooms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 827
You deserved it 20 755

superminty tells us more.

It was "ch-rain" versus "t-rain".

Top comments

How many ways are there to pronounce the word train..?

That's just loco. What were you trying to achieve?

Comments

This makes me wonder how legitimate arguments are for you two.

missL1z 5

Twain! Twain! Twain! How hard can it possibly be?

The key to relationship is compromise, OP. however, one of you are saying it wrong because last time I checked there is only one way to pronounce train.

You guys are loco, you should choo-choose your battles more wisely. This one definitely went off track...

are you, or are you related to Carl Azus from CNN Student News??? because that's exactly the puns that he makes.

Guess that one to remember for down the track...

CheeseTron 15

Hopefully you have a Sleeptrain matress. A ticket to a better night sleeeep!

KY_Jelly 10

Is the more ways to pronounce the word "train" that I was unaware of? I get the "tomato" thing, but "train"? What is there in one syllable to disagree on?

Sounds like you both got off track. I hope you choose to reconcile and that this little incident doesn't derail your relationship. If he doesn't talk to you, kick him in the caboose.

barefootchic 6

Couples will argue about stupid things, but how you feel about that person is far more important. Just apologize and say it doesn't matter. A relationship is worth more than being right.

Should have learnt "How to Train your Dragon." Why not just agree to disagree? Was it really worth trying to be correct and sleeping alone?