By mypelvishurts - 23/02/2013 07:32 - United States - Santa Rosa

Today, my boss told me to go outside and take part in the company's stupid Harlem Shake video. When I declined, he threatened to fire me if I didn't take part. I ended up being the guy who had to furiously pelvic thrust before the music dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 193
You deserved it 6 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just laugh it off op at the rate these Harlem shake videos are popping up on the web your company's will just be another grain of sand in the desert and consider the pelvic thrusting an endurance exercise for when you get to sleep with your bosses wife.

Comments

Some states have a no questions asked firing policy. This means it would be legal to fire him for that.

At will termination still can have wrongful termination lawsuits. Discrimination, harassment, etc.

Airman1988 9

Is your boss Steve Carell by chance?

I doubt his Office is that cool, but still, I think his boss is pretty fun.

stephkristine 13

If you hate it that bad. Just do it anyways. It'll die down in a couple weeks. Act like it never happened after that.

Why must dance fads like this and gangnam style exist? D:

Because people get bored, and when people get bored they feel the need to go a little crazy...

because people love randomness. and even more people just need something to hate on

Harlem Shake Explained: In 1981 a signature dance move became a big hit. It of course originated from Harlem and by the locals was called the "albee". In 2012, a new trap song came out under the same name, "Harlem Shake". Having nothing to do with the original Harlem shake, citizens of Harlem believe it is a demeaning butchering of their lifestyle (many sources on YouTube). It has little association with the original dance but of course, the name breaks that route of thinking. People keep doing these stupid videos and find it hilarious.

Thank you for pointing it out; I did not give it the attention it deserved before

people doing the harlem shake is proof were becoming a generation of idiots...