By ninnang - 09/07/2014 21:37 - United States - Honolulu

Today, my boss delivered some flowers and a sympathy card signed by everyone in the office to my cubicle. The card said, "Sorry your mom died". My mom isn't dead. I don't know where they got the idea from and no one believes me. They said that denial is part of grieving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 073
You deserved it 3 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn, I'm gonna miss her, she was a great woman.

Bring her into the office to meet your coworkers. That'll scare the shit out of them.

Comments

mattbaker 17

Leave that job. You are surrounded by assholes

The IT Crowd: The Haunting of Bill Crouse

cadillacgal79 32

Bring your mom to work, than they'll believe you.

cadillacgal79 32

Oh, I didn't realize people above me said the same thing already, never mind, I except my downvotes.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think another reason you got down voted was for your grammar. Your previous comment should have been "then," and this comment should have been "accept." I don't know, it may just be my inner grammar freak talking, but it could be a possibility...

It's really annoying when people downvote just because of grammar. It's an international site, so there are a lot of different native languages, and just because someone doesn't have perfect grammar doesn't mean that they're stupid or what they have to say isn't valid.

cadillacgal79 32

gee, I'm sorry if I'm still a little tired in the morning and that my brain does not work some days. It's a few typos, not the end of the world.

blazerman_fml 17

Agreed..Its not the end of the world..people just seem to hate u for no good reason..down voting you for nothing.im gonna try to fix that just a little bit Lol

Maybe you should be worried for your mom?

This sounds like a prank to me. Most people wouldn't bring up the denial thing if you tell them your mother isn't actually dead, they just feel embarrassed and offer some sort of apology.

Now I know who clicks "YDI" when an OP clearly does not deserve it.

I would bet somebody just decided to pull a really good prank on you.

Leave your job, those people are asses. Maybe bring in your mom on your last day.