By arianelagolden - 05/05/2016 18:07 - Belgium - Nivelles

Today, my 4 year-old grand-daughter let her pet rabbit loose in the yard, while my 2 year-old grandson was trying to climb on a chair, then a table. I had to choose between catching the rabbit before it ran under the fence, or saving my grandson from falling on the concrete terrace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 366
You deserved it 1 326

arianelagolden tells us more.

All is well that ends well. Of course I chose to save the kid! Seriously! First I got my grand-son off the table, then I caught the rabbit on time, then I told the kids they could not do what they had done. When the parents returned, they told me this happens all the time. As there is a huge dog in the neighbours' yard, I don't think the rabbit will last long if they are not more careful.

Top comments

Obviously your grandson would come first? How is that a choice?

heroqucas 25

I really hope you chose the kid. You can replace a bunny

Comments

i am truly suprised you have to ask sir .. your grandson ovio....

I probably would've stood there looking between the two. Eventually, this would end up with me watching the bunny hop underneath the fence and the boy fall on his head. God help my future grandchildren...

The choice is clear...a human life over a pet rabbit. The fact that you had to think about which to do first speaks volumes about your character....

How is this saving a human life? The kid would have only fallen for god's sake! It's not like they were dying or anything!

you realize it was a terrace and a fall from a table, he could have fallen off the terrace or the table and cracked his head open, or break something.

My brother bashed his head and had to get staples when he was that age and he's fine. Kids are made to fall occasionally, because that's what kids do.

In wouldn't think that picking a kid up and placing him in the ground would be that long of a task. Just do that first, then help your grand daughter

What if the moment was so intense she froze and did nothing but j really hope you chose your grandson

How is that a hard decision? Like at all?

easy choice if you ask me concrete could really hurt a child.

Should have chosen the bunny, the kid wouldn't have died, just gotten hurt but the rabbit could likely be gone forever and if the kid did die, then he's a dumbass and survival of the fittest

I hope you're ready for the whole argument about whether humans still evolve or not to hit this post, because it probably will. Good luck.

Hard decision. Most people would choose the kid, but seriously, is his life somehow more worth it than the bunny's? And besides, saying you can just buy another bunny is like saying "just tell your daughter/son to have another kid".

That's so true! Humans are so arrogant. We think we are more valuable and more important despite the fact we are mammals like any other. This arrogance will be our downfall one day. I hope.

Your arrogance will be your downfall, and plus the kid might be younger, and you don't just choose the bunny, as it was the nieces fault. the child didn't know what he was doing, and therefore it wasn't his fault