By arianelagolden - 05/05/2016 18:07 - Belgium - Nivelles

Today, my 4 year-old grand-daughter let her pet rabbit loose in the yard, while my 2 year-old grandson was trying to climb on a chair, then a table. I had to choose between catching the rabbit before it ran under the fence, or saving my grandson from falling on the concrete terrace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 366
You deserved it 1 326

arianelagolden tells us more.

All is well that ends well. Of course I chose to save the kid! Seriously! First I got my grand-son off the table, then I caught the rabbit on time, then I told the kids they could not do what they had done. When the parents returned, they told me this happens all the time. As there is a huge dog in the neighbours' yard, I don't think the rabbit will last long if they are not more careful.

Top comments

Obviously your grandson would come first? How is that a choice?

heroqucas 25

I really hope you chose the kid. You can replace a bunny

Comments

I hope you chose the kid. You can always buy another rabbit.

You do realise that the kid literally would have only fallen don't you? Kids fall all the time, it's not really a big deal.

38. Only? The 2 year old could have had brain damage, broken a bone or DIE.

Don't be absurd. People fall all the time, especially kids. There are so many people overreacting on here.

You can fix a broken arm, but not a run-over bunny. Save the bunny.

You cant fix a child getting permanent brain damage or death.

Which wouldn't happen, because it would only be a little fall.

All is well that ends well. Of course I chose to save the kid! Seriously! First I got my grand-son off the table, then I caught the rabbit on time, then I told the kids they could not do what they had done. When the parents returned, they told me this happens all the time. As there is a huge dog in the neighbours' yard, I don't think the rabbit will last long if they are not more careful.

Yay, a happy ending! I'm glad you were able catch your grandson and save the bunny, that's pretty impressive. I don't think I could've done both.

I'm glad everything worked out well in this case. However, if this is such a common occurrence, the parents should really get a handle on it. This could end in several bad results, a severely injured 2yr old, or a lost/dead bunny. I would explain to the 4yr old why the bunny can't be let outside and what could happen if she does, not in graphic detail or anything. Just ask if she loves and wants to keep her bunny, and that if she continues to let it outside, she will lose it forever.

Because losing a family pet potentially forever is a lot worse than a kid falling. That's why.

There was a choice because there were 2+ actions that you could likely only do one of. Obviously.

46 losing a pet is worse than a child dying? Really?

Depends on whose kid it is and whose pet it is. My pet is more important to me than someone else's child. And don't be dramatic, the kid would have only fallen, they do that all the time.

Guys, neither is great. But what both of you are doing is assuming that the amount of damage will be great or small depending on your view. It could've gone either way, the rabbit may have been run over, but it's what happens sometimes. I'm just glad nobody was hurt in this situation, so why don't we stop fighting and be grateful that the kid didn't suffer from brain damage or a broken arm and that rabbit didn't get killed. I understand for some people animals are important, especially beloved house pets, and that others would sacrifice the rabbit to save the child, but don't fight about it. It's not going to change anything. Just please respect each other's views.

redframed 12

you found it hard to choose? unbelievable....

I'm gonna ask what some want to but won't... Is the rabbit ok?

TacoCat15 10

How the **** is that even a choice? Kid comes first.

In a life or death situation, certainly. Not in this situation, not in the slightest.

ok but you didn't have to curse about it?

ok but you didn't have to curse about it?

Kristoffer 35

Did you ever find the rabbit?