By Anonymous - 14/09/2013 21:51 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, my 16-year-old cousin came to visit for the week. So far, she's said "raunchy", "cray-cray", "legit", and "like" an uncountable number of times. She's only been here for a half hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 861
You deserved it 3 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old will a 16 year old girl be? Depends how much she's been used... ._.

Comments

Talk to her about it otherwise you're going to go off on her and she won't know why.

Wizardo 33

'Like the only raunchy thing here is like her inability to legitly speak legit English, she's so cray-cray'...

monnanon 13

they are all perfectly cromulent words. OP is jusr super jelly she wasn't the first to use them (please read this in the sarcastic tone it was intended)

**** you. dont tell me how to read. please read that in a joking tone

Neyuu 18

**** you, don't tell me to read that in a joking way.

CVTTRVN 19

Story of my life . My 15 year old cousin describes anything that is not to her pleasing "ratchet".

one of the things that is infinite in the world: stupidity

monnanon 13

as much as these words are annoying our language is constantly evolving. A lot of words used today were made up by Shakespeare, addiction being one of them, and i bet he got a similar reaction. i am not putting these people on thr same level as Shakespeare but someone will be responsible for changing language the way he did. who doesnt use made up words anyway.

CharresBarkrey 15

This is a good point. I mean, half of these commenters on here use "should of" like it's an actual saying, anyway.

monnanon 13

haha fair enough. the big one where i am is saying lossing instead of losing and jamp instead of jumped. jamp is usually only used by kids though. in the UK we have many regional anomalies as i imagine other countries do to. i am not saying that some new words arent annoying but its all part of the fun of life. you dont want you language to change the speak Latin.

I really respect the point you're making here but.. cray-cray.. I mean, come on. That's just awful.

The fun thing is that a lot of the people here are too young to realize how old some of these are. The newest one, cray-cray, is at least as old as the early nineties. Like, used in this sense, goes back to the seventies or before. Raunchy is from the 30s, and legit is from the 1800s. tl;dr: If you're complaining about the recent usage of words that are older than you, then shut up.

I have no problem with words being used that are older than me. I have a problem with ignorant kids using them when I'm sure most of them do not appreciate the terms themselves or even understand what they mean.

ninjuh_wingman 29

And thus the stupidity of the new generation continues.

Ari1337 15

god I really hate it when people get on that "this generation is so stupid" crap.

101- Same. I'm getting really tired of seeing comments like this. Just because there are stupid people, doesn't mean this entire generation is stupid.

So I'm guessing she is from California? At least she is not using "hella" and any form of "swag" or "swagger".

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

People outside of California use those words too pal.

I am from cali and I don't talk line that at all but thanks for the Stereotype.

Hm, I've been living in LA for 6 years and one of the first things someone told me is that people from California actually never refer to it as "Cali". That's how you can tell they're not from there, and likely from the east coast. Though, is clearly easier to type.

I'm from New York, and trust me, people in California aren't the only ones who say that. I'm glad you get out often though.

I'm from california and my first thought was that she was from here... maybe these words are northern california thing?

so her tell her she is such a raunchy, cray cray legit cousin like totally lol

I don't understand what's wrong with "raunchy." Has it come into widespread, inappropriate use and I didn't notice? It's a perfectly good word, I thought.

Yeah...I thought ratchet was the annoying one.

I thought ratchet was something mechanics use...