By Aeare_ - 17/09/2016 04:15 - United States - Dixon

Today, it was my 21st birthday and I invited a handful of my best friends over. They all stood me up and I drank alone in my apartment. Happy birthday to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 534
You deserved it 1 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Happy birthday to you, from Australia. Hope karma hits them hard.

Comments

happy anniversary of your birth from hawaii!

cptncuttlefish 24

Happy Birthday, I did the exact same on my 21st. Next year will be better, I'm sure!

Isn't it fun to be a grown up? No body cares anymore.

Happy birthday! I just had my bday party last night too and not only did none of my own friends show up, only my wife's friends came, but my aunt who is my nemesis at work and my least favorite person I know, and her son, ended up showing up, getting hammered, and essentially commandeering my party with their ridiculous stories and lies. Fun times, hbd to us!

That's how I spent my 21st. It gets better Op

chessu 21

My 21st I had to cancel my party as no one had clicked attending/asked about it etc (there were also 2 other people with the same birthday in my university, so chances were, no one was going to come anyway). That sucked, but luckily my house mates took me for a meal eventually (after a sad lonely cry-fest, of course). My 22nd, I literally spent alone crying on the beach and then crying on my bed until my insides hurt. I completely understand how logically it's a stupid thing and it's just a day etc., but realistically, it still sucks and all I can say is happy birthday and don't feel bad for feeling sad. For both of our sakes, I'm going to believe that it WILL get better.

Happy birthday Aeare, same thing happened to me over and over again until I stopped just organizing birthdays altogether. Maybe next year will be better!

I know the pain, at least you didn't get kicked out of your own birthday party... Didn't know that was possible, but it is

In scenarios like this, I don't know if the person deserved it or not. Maybe the OP was a total asshole, so their friends had good reason not to go, or maybe they were a genuinely nice person, and the friends were total douchebags.