By chachaxxx - 09/11/2011 11:35 - Mexico

Today, it’s my girlfriend’s birthday, so I ordered a cake at the bakery and asked the baker to write “Happy birthday Marie!” in italic, because I think it’s prettier. When I opened the box, I saw “HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE IN ITALY!” FML
I agree, your life sucks 624
You deserved it 75

Top comments

I swear cake decoraters just write whatever it is they think they hear. Even if it makes no sense at all when written out.

"Happy Birthday Diane And Use a Pretty Font"

Comments

I swear cake decoraters just write whatever it is they think they hear. Even if it makes no sense at all when written out.

Then that's their own damn falt, cake decorators are supposed to call back before they write on the cake, to make sure that what they heard is correct even if they think they are 100% correct. Especially if you're not the one who talked to the customer.

Every cake decorator I went to, they always got us to write down our saying and kept it with our order forms so they knew exactly what to put on the cake and didn't screw up. I think that should be standard. I've only had 1 mess up this way because my name is a kind of unique and he didn't read it letter for letter. I've always had to deal with this though, so I understood a little bit.

Where I work the cake decorators don't take most of the orders. I am always calling customers to confirm names and sayings. You wouldn't think taking a cake order would be hard

Haha, well at least happy birthday Marie is still there. Wonder how the baker thought you said Italy instead of italic lol

Act like it was on purpose and receive some respect for that sick ryme

"Happy Birthday Diane And Use a Pretty Font"

FalloutScrolls 25

Something like this literally happened to me. I told the lady over the phone I wanted it to say "Congratulations, Julia!" - and have flowers all around it" It literally read "Congratulations Julia and have flowers all around it."

I want my cake to say congratulations and be in bold text. Cake- Congratulations be emboldened in Texas

Let's hope she doesn't think you're going to take her to Italy and celebrate her birthday there :I

I've had "Write Happy Birthday William actually no Will"

"Happy Birthday Sarah with an H" "Happy Birthday HSARA".

In my language Ħsara means damage … which makes this hilarious

quazimozart 19

Just take Marie to Italy. Problem solved.

Get a refund but eat the cake and it will be a funny story for the future

Can you get a refund AND eat the cake? It'll be like getting a refund on a pair of jeans but keeping the jeans.

usnwife 18

Well it isn't like they can re-sell the cake like they can jeans... it depends on the store what their policy is, some will let you keep it others won't.

That´s not a FML. Just give it to her and it comes with a free laugh.