By Anonymous - 03/03/2011 14:21 - United Kingdom

Today, it's my birthday. My parents, whom I live with, told me that they did not get me anything, but instead they said they would knock off a bit of the housekeeping I owe them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 131
You deserved it 8 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For my 18th I got a nice set of luggage and a swift kick in the ass.

#22 Who said she was old enough to live on her own? The fact that OP is expected to do chores doesn't mean that they're legally old enough to move out.

Comments

DKjazz 20

He turned 18. Pay attention.

How old is OP? Regardless, it sounds like they should help around the house a lot more.

milkndstufff 7

I don't get presents and i dont complain. At least you have less work, so you have time to go get a job and buy your own presents.

briidontgive_ 0

Omggahhh . Noone knows how old op is , and considering that they still have to do chores they're prolly still a kid anywayyy , and comeonnnnnnnn yall know you wanted at least something for your bday . Sheeshh.

As you get older you'll realise that birthdays are just another day. You may think you're one year older, but remember you're only one day older than you were yesterday. Oh, and it looks like your "Y" and "N" keys are stuck. You may want to look into that.

for my super sweet 9th birthday i got $1900, 3 playstations, a massive fish tank and a xbox, it only got better from there.. so i see why OP is mad

if you're over 18 then stfu. your parents owe you nothing. you should be over that birthday stuff by 13 anyways.

Good for your parents! You sound like a lazy ass crybaby.

At least they didn't get you new cleaning products and told you to get on with it... Wait till you're living on your own and the whole house is yours to clean, then you may realise you were lucky to have a day off cleaning for your birthday!