By yeah hun i think insects arent animals too - 09/10/2013 07:51 - Germany - Leipzig

Today, I yet again had to pretend to be a dumb bimbo so that my boyfriend wouldn't get upset over the fact that, in some cases, I might be smarter than him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 611
You deserved it 23 870

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why degrade yourself OP? Intelligence is sexy.

Tell him to just deal with it, don't pretend to be dumb.

Comments

You deserve it for choosing that kind of a male to date. It's all on you.

**** that. Rub it in and tell him the smarter one makes the decisions. Tell him you now own him.

You must not be too smart if you haven't dumped him yet.

Do you plan on this being your role for the rest of your life? If you can't be yourself around your loved ones, you should consider changing your loved ones.

cmb8280 24

I hate it when girls pretend to be stupid. Find someone who appreciates your intelligence instead of perpetuating stereotypes.

You deserve it for lowering yourself to please your boyfriend. He should be happy to have an intelligent girlfriend and you should be happy to be intelligent, instead of acting like a dumb broad. However, if you are happy sitting there and looking pretty (which I doubt, or you would not have made an fml) than I guess you have it made.

Maybe you ARE a dumb bimbo for dumbing yourself down for a guy? It sounds like you can do way better than that

if you have to do that you're really an idiot. dump him and find someone who can value you

well now you really are a dumb bimbo because you think that changing who you are is a smart and rewarding thing to do.

If he can't handle that you're smarter than him in some ways, it's his problem, not yours. You're better off finding someone who appreciates you for who you are, not how closely you can fit a stereotype. Having said that, there's not enough in this FML to know what the situation actually is. Are you constantly rubbing it in that you're smarter than him by making jokes about his intelligence or purposely using vocabulary and discussion topics you know he wouldn't understand because it makes you feel superior? If that's the case, I can understand why he wouldn't like that. But if you're playing dumb just because you don't want to make him uncomfortable, you shouldn't have to do that.