By bubbles - 05/09/2009 23:02 - United Kingdom

Today, I worked my first day at a nursery. At nap time I spent about an hour trying to get all the kids to calm down and go to sleep. I'd finally got the last one to drop off, when my phone rang. Loudly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 695
You deserved it 41 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When the hell did Mary Poppins get a cell phone?

The children never really nap anyway. They're just laying there with their eyes shut plotting ways to get their revenge against stupid grown-ups that make them do dumb craft with macaroni, and how to get back at that kid who eats all the good play-dough. ... besides, a small child that really asleep wouldn't wake up to a phone ringing, smoke alarms don't wake them and I doubt your phone is louder than a smoke alarm

Comments

xanth 0

YDI for living in Buckinghamshire. What a ridiculous name.

sublime93 0

#15, LMFAO I thought the same.

#15 how is Buckimhamshire a stupid name? Retard.

Yes where as in America (I'm guessing your American for the ridiculous comment) you have much more suitable names for places because most of them were places in the UK first and you just couldn't be bothered to think of any original names. Examples: New York New England New Hampshire Boston Birmingham Plymouth New Jersey Need I go on?

teach09 0

I find it really funny that people feel they need to argue over stupid stuff on FML...like names of sates and cities in different countries...seriously???

unable_heart 0

@ 22 I think New England is in the UK. Take a geography class, dumbass.

New England - New England is a region of the United States located in the northeastern corner of the country, bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Canada and New York State and consisting of the modern states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Now, exactly WHO needs to take a geography lesson?

Jim_Sheebie 0

Oh the hypocrisy. Either read what #26 typed or search google for New England, in the end you're a total retard.

I'm not sure anyone read #22 correctly... apparently all of those names on the list are also places in the UK, and they came up with them first. Therefore, because we in the US couldn't even come up with original names, we shouldn't be making fun of names like Buckinghamshire. At least, that's how I read it. I think Buckinghamshire sounds kinda neat, myself. And OP - I totally understand how you feel. My mom runs a daycare at home and it sucks just getting 4 kids to sleep and then having some salesperson ringing the doorbell and waking up one, who wakes up the rest. Not fun.

georgie_sweetypi 0

You would be right... New York comes from England's 'York' New Jersey comes froms channel island (UK) 'Jersey' New England (well it's kinda obvious where that came from) Hope that cleared it up for you guys...

hbgoddard 0

#22, you do realize that all of those names were made when America was still a British colony? Sounds like it's the UK that wasn't all too creative...

acually new york comes from york which was built in ontario canada in the 1800's but was burned down by the "yankees" and was then moved to where new york now is before we agreed on the 49th parallel being our border and toronto became the new york of canada get your facts straight before you decide to try and prove people wrong

Unable_Heart - Are you a dumbass? New England is the northeast states of the United States. You LIVE in the US and you STILL don't know what New England is? My lord, it's you who needs to take a geography class. Way to make yourself look like an idiot. And there's nothing wrong with the name Buckinghamshire.

Actually I think you'll find that York was founded in 71 AD by the Romans. And New York was named for the 17th century Duke of York, James Stuart. My point was don't laugh at the names of British places when most of your place names are the same as ours!

Well who won the revolutionary war? Yeah, the Americans baby. U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A.

and look who was your president for 8 years? USA! USA! USA!

This is why the no cell phones on in class rule should apply to teachers too.

Haha. Yeah its very funny that people fight over stupid things on FML. No one cares!!! And it makes some people MAD.

I agree, this place has turned into the Thunderdome for arguments. Seriously, there are plentier stupid US names around. And, seriously, if you can't figure out that New England is in the US, stay where you are: a registered lifeguard will help escort you out of the gene pool. But I digress... Meanwhile, related to the FML... I immediately pictured a WTFBOOOOOM!!!!!! happening in this situation. I might be watching too much youtube, though... *RINGRINGRINGRING-* "WTFBOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!"

Honeslty why the hell r u guys arguing over states. LIKE PEOPLE GROW UP! For the OP, u probably learned ur lesson to put ur phone on vibrate.

danielle73196 0

who the **** leaves their phone on a loud setting while watching little kids.

wheyyy!! buckinghamshire!! lol but, ugh, bad luck about the phone/kids scenario. least you know now, eh.

I HATE that. Or when they all wake up thirty minutes before nap time is over. They're almost impossible to control then, I want to pull my hair out.