By Heethersays - 03/07/2009 03:06 - United States

Today, I went to the gym to lift weights because my arm muscles are pathetic. In order to use a machine, I needed to pull out a knob to adjust the seat setting. After an embarassing struggle, a worker came over and helped me. Turns out I'm not even strong enough to adjust the seat settings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 405
You deserved it 7 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would say to buy some of your own free weights, but I doubt you would be strong enough to carry them to the cash register at the sporting goods store.

Perhaps you should've started with some freeweights? (i.e. barbells...)

Comments

LOL! Aww, you probably just did somthing wrong, Like were sitting on it while trying to pull the pin out...somtimes they need lifting a little to get the pin out :D Full respect for going to the gym tho!

Probably just jammed or something, don't sweat it. But hey, you have your first goal! Baby steps, and all that. ;)

There's one machine at my gym which has a seat setting that always jams. You have to twist it and a pin presses against a metal bar to set the cushion height for the leg extension. You have to crank it beyond tight to keep it in place, so when the next person goes to use it there is no way to loosen it. I usually hit the screw with a small weight plate, but you said that it's one of those that you pull out so that just sucks.

shnibz101 0

LOL my sister can do that on my home work out set, my sister is 7

Some machines aren't in great condition. You might want to find a new gym.

ohxberlin 0

haha you don't even know howwww many times that has happened to me :,(

Start with a couple of soup cans, then move up to free weights, then finally use the machines.

This has happened to me, however I am a very strong guy. On one machine, nobody could do this certain weight. Everybody could lift the weight right before it with ease, but not the one right after it. As it turns out, it was extremely rusted. So, don't feel bad.