By ewwww - 30/01/2017 03:00 - United States - Monroe

Today, I went to the doctor for the constant pain I have when eating savory or sour foods. It turns out I have a stone in my saliva gland, and no joke, the only thing I can do to fix it is eat savory or sour food to make me drool enough to force it out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 728
You deserved it 431

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could also suck on sour candy, or basically anything that makes your mouth water and activates the saliva glands under your tongue (sublingual glands). They could also try to massage the area and attempt to work it out. In this case the stone is likely small otherwise they would have opted to surgically remove it by making an incision or a sialendoscopy which is less invasive.

like they say... when life gives you lemons... suck it up.

Comments

like they say... when life gives you lemons... suck it up.

Is this even possible? I summon you guy with moderate medical knowledge!

Yes very possible but not very common. I had to have my whole gland removed when I got one.

So out of interest, do you have to drink loads of water to stop your mouth drying out?

You could also suck on sour candy, or basically anything that makes your mouth water and activates the saliva glands under your tongue (sublingual glands). They could also try to massage the area and attempt to work it out. In this case the stone is likely small otherwise they would have opted to surgically remove it by making an incision or a sialendoscopy which is less invasive.

I had this! And that's not all they can do. They can surgically remove it and/or your gland (which is what happened to me) or they can break it into a bunch of tiny pieces like with kidney stones. Good luck :)

Umami is so fat... Oh, no, you have to eat flame-grilled steaks until the problem resolves itself. Poor baby!

lindzeybelle 7

So you have to suffer more pain to get RID of your pain? Kinda like a kidney stone. I'm sorry OP! :(

Damn, that sounds painful. Maybe try putting in as many Mega Warheads as you can fit in your mouth? Certainly would be a sour assault that would kick the gland into high gear.