By KMack - 29/10/2009 16:36 - United States

Today, I went to the allergist. I found out that I am allergic to dogs, cats, wool, fleece, and pet dander. I'm currently planning to go to school to become a veterinarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 825
You deserved it 3 719

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LOLYLIF 0

Looks like it's time to rethink your career choice.

Comments

My advice - go on American Idol. "This is my last chance, I have no more career options...! "They'll lap up a sob story like that!

Glam_fml 0

Why would you want to be a vet if you've NEVER bern around animals before?

i'm allergic to all of those things, but it's really easy to deal with, and i'm a huge animal lover. just avoid touching your face after you touch an animal, and wash your hands afterward. so if you're severely allergic, change your plans, if you're not, just deal with it.

Newsflash, folks. People can and do develop allergies later in life. So assuming she's never been around animals is sort of asinine.

Darling_Cherry 5

Actually, not really. I've met people who have never been around animals who suddenly decided to go into veterinary medicine.

OP, I too was severely allergic to animal dander and at age 14, took up volunteer work at a no-kill cat shelter. I was sick for the first couple of months and did use a lot of allergy medicine, but after weekly work with the cats and eventually the adoption of my own cat, I am now almost completely immune to their dander. You can still be a veterinarian. You'll find that the longer you're around animals, the less symptoms you will have. I'd still take an allergy medicine as backup--Allegra (prescription only) is pretty magical.

Me too and I'm in my third year. Get over yourself and do something about it instead of complaining on the internet. Allergy shots, pills, etc.-- you've got options lady!

I'm allergic to dogs, cats and bunny's, I have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 4 bunny's, I just deal with it or take an antihistamine.

Wooh, at least you're not allergic to food. I'm allergic to anything organic - which is pretty weird. So OP, yours are not that bad. JUST SWITCH YOUR CAREER PLAN! kthnxbai.