By Rhyno - 05/05/2009 15:37 - United States

Today, I went to meet my girlfriends parents for the first time. I accidentally drove past their house the first time, but saw the whole family outside waiting to meet me. I pulled a U-Turn and heard a thud. The whole family watched me run over their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 478
You deserved it 97

Rhyno tells us more.

To explain a bit more in detail, I pulled a U-Turn and the dog ran out of the yard and boom... It was a medium sized dog, I drive an SUV and didn't see it as I was making the turn. I didn't even know they had a dog... haha The following 20 minutes were probably the most uncomfortable of my life, after I knew the dog was fine I kinda laughed nervously and left. "Hi I'm the guy who is dating your daughter, sorry about the dog"... Live and you learn.

Top comments

Ouch!! Not a good first impression one bit! I'm sorry!!

How is making out with your significant other somehow worse then KILLING THE FAMILY PET? You got some priority issues, man.

Comments

Ouch!! Not a good first impression one bit! I'm sorry!!

ndanick 4

I had a worse impression, my toungue down their daughters throat

How is making out with your significant other somehow worse then KILLING THE FAMILY PET? You got some priority issues, man.

Quacki 0

It's their fault. Who let's their dog run free on a road? OP couldn't have helped it.

orbit 22

They may have been able to help it of they were more aware of their surroundings while driving a one and a half ton killing machine

So your saying because the dog was in the road he couldnt help himself not run over it?

tantanpanda 26

it depends how big the dog is. if it was too small, you're not gonna see it in the rearview or side mirrors.

SookyTurner 4

Lol is it wrong i lol'd at this?

it's probably because you don't know the difference between "their" and "they're"

chunkynose 0

yeah, but there are lots of people who have a helluva time when meeting their significant other's parents. kind of like there are so many ways to screw up sex. they're in the same "so easily able to FYL" category.

Capt_Beerman1942 0

"The whole family watched me run over *they are* dog." You really think that's the one to go with? You should get yourself checked out. You may very well be retarded.

I'm pretty sure "their" is used correctly.

Someone's a ******* dumb ass? OP used it correctly.

mia_marie01 11

Just popping by to let you know, six years later, and you're still an idiot.

TheBlackParade 0

ohhhhh that sucks FYL...... and Poor Dog :(

it's probably because you don't know the difference between "they're" and "their"

N e one else noticing the large amount of "I went to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time..." on here? Not that they aren't funny. Little repetitive.

minnvik98151 0

please correct me if i'm wrong but where would "they're" fit in this FML? learn your own grammar before you criticize others

I agree. I'm trying to see where they're would replace their, and having no results.

Munchagoatz 0
theintrollama 0

really? he used the wrong their? because last time i checked it was THEIR dog not THEY ARE dog

iSmellNice 2

The FML was probably edited after it was posted. It originally said "they're" and was changed to "their"

treli1593 0

wtf he did use the proper "their". Dumbass grammar-nazi-wannabe

Panther_fml 0

totally true... spell check fail.. it may be you who doesn't know the difference between they're and their.. LOL

russianredgirl 0

they're means they are, moron.

"The whole family watched me run over their dog" would it make sense if he had "The whole family watched me run over they are dog". Learn english fool.

He spelled 'accidentally' wrong as well.

InterLinea 0

you ******* idiot think about you say before you want to sound like a god damn smart ass dumb shit. god people like you make me want to shoot everyone god damn. ******* retard.

He means it needs to be corrected because that guy ran over his girlfriend's entire family because THEY ARE DOG! To make matters worse they had to watch themselves get run over.

f your life for being a stupid dumbass. to the OP, I'm sorry :( I hope they still like you, though.

in stead of complaining about: their or they're. ask yourself the real question:'what the hell was that dog doing on the road there?' or is it 'on the road their' or 'on the road they're'

PeanutSteak has officially made my day. And as a bonus, made everyone else's comments slightly less funny. :b

Don't be a piece of shit. Relax moron!

durak 0

who are you to be criticing? did you read what you wrote?

you are all stupid for argueing about something like this

TheBlackParade 0

ohhhhh that sucks FYL...... and Poor Dog :(

Aww the poor dog! You should've been more careful but if it just ran out in front of you I guess there's nothing you could've done. If it was an accident then hopefully they won't be too mad.