By Rhyno - 05/05/2009 15:37 - United States

Today, I went to meet my girlfriends parents for the first time. I accidentally drove past their house the first time, but saw the whole family outside waiting to meet me. I pulled a U-Turn and heard a thud. The whole family watched me run over their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 478
You deserved it 97

Rhyno tells us more.

To explain a bit more in detail, I pulled a U-Turn and the dog ran out of the yard and boom... It was a medium sized dog, I drive an SUV and didn't see it as I was making the turn. I didn't even know they had a dog... haha The following 20 minutes were probably the most uncomfortable of my life, after I knew the dog was fine I kinda laughed nervously and left. "Hi I'm the guy who is dating your daughter, sorry about the dog"... Live and you learn.

Top comments

Ouch!! Not a good first impression one bit! I'm sorry!!

How is making out with your significant other somehow worse then KILLING THE FAMILY PET? You got some priority issues, man.

Comments

Failercoptor 0

what the hell #6 you are totally off. Their is possessive, in what way does THEY ARE make any sense.

I love how people read the comments but dont actually pay attention. The OP has posted two comments. Both saying the dog is fine. So in other words. I'm pretty sure that means that the dog is fine and going to live.

First off that sucks, I'm sorry! second off...."they're" doesn't may any sense..."they're" means they are..."watched me run over they are dog?" that sounds so incorrect. Can someone please explain why "their" doesn't work? Anyways, I hope the family still accepts you /=

It would be their. Because it's belonging to them, the family. Or you could say "the family dog" over and over and sound ridiculous. Or they could mention the dog by name. But unless YOU give another option for the OP to use instead, it doesn't make sense for you to complain about their word choice. It just sounds like whining. I'm sorry not sorry that you didn't get your bun toasted. Grow up.

Also, who are you to judge when you use words like "anyways" and WAY too many elipses? Get your priorities straight.

IshitCAKES 0

holy shit cake **** lick dog humping horse thumping thunder ****

LiLcuTEanJeL 0

holy shit! well at least the dog didnt die.

weeeezy 0

#19. what are you talking about? how is "their house" incorrect?

75- read the other ******* comments, this has been addressed like 5 times. THE POST WAS EDITED

weeeezy 0

oh it got corrected!! sry #19. but it's still not YDI!

ehomz 0

yup im pretty sure that this actually happened... not.