By time to put you down, gran - 01/12/2012 22:53 - United States

Today, I went to Hollister with my grandmother. She immediately started yelling about the music being too loud, and ordered the staff to "shut the damn thing off". She was yelling at a bunch of mannequins. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 843
You deserved it 4 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

1- It's dark in there because they don't want anyone to see the shit that they've designed until they've already paid for it.

I work at Abercombie, for you that don't know, Hollister and Abercombie are by the same company. Yes, it's dark and loud! Lol and we get a lot of complaints from the elderly. It's to bad we can't do anything about it. I wish we could help and make it a better experience for our customers, it makes me feel bad sometimes.

captainObviously 15

Its psycological. Its dark for a reason, same reason its dark in most bars. So u are faster to make a decision..... about the ugly things ur bringing home.

winkydog4056 16

#65_It's pretty sad you can't spell the place you work correct twice in the same comment.....

In OP's head? Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing when I read her username....

It is not a good place to take your grandmother, duh! I used to shop there when I was younger and I was still smart enough to know where older people do not need to go. On another note I think it is totally cute that she gave those mannequin an ear full.

X_Codes 11

@75 - Anyone who cares enough to know how to spell Abercrombie has to actually copy it off one of their god-awful shirts in order to figure it out. Anyone smart enough to know how to spell Abercrombie off the top of their head is also smart enough to not give a shit about it.

free2speak 14

I don't see why the downvotes for #75. Once could have been unintentional but if she's working there, she should at least know how to spell it correctly. I've worked there in the past and elder customers used to ask us to turn the music down or to stop making our stores smell so horrible but as an employee I was miserable as well, listening to the same CD on repeat for an entire "season." I did love the smell though so that never really bothered me. Whenever I was assigned to "spritz" the clothes, I'd spritz some on my work clothes as well. Always got compliments on it even though I'm a girl and its supposed to be a man's cologne. I don't regret working there but I am glad I found a better job and got out.

You need a gas mask to safely enter that store...

#46- You're right, the quality of the fabric is cheap. One can probably get better quality clothing shopping at Target for less $$

@ #65: You could turn down the music and turn up the lights... It's within your power. Trust me. I used to work retail. Management tends to back off if you all band together and make changes for the sake of your mental health. Not to mention that loud music and a dark environment will destroy your hearing and sight, respectively.

Welcome to hollister would you like nose plugs? Ear plugs? Or a flashlight?

shyeahh_fml 19

I'm sure she meant down for a nap...

StalkerChick 13

That's what we all hope she meant.

I'm guessing she'll be sleeping with the fishes?

BlueFlatts 20

Who would make their username about putting their gran down for a nap. Unless ir's the forever kind. Mean, yes. But to me it's more plausible. I love my gran gran.

And that joke just flew right over your head 61...

doondagr8_1 9
MindFreakazoid 10

Maybe someday the mannequins will take over stores... And your gramma wouldn't seem so crazy. Right? Wrong.

conniezheng 5

This reminds me of SNSD's Gee music video.

Or you could go to the crazy house with her.....

Wow this sounds like a Doctor Who episode- the first one with Eccelston and Rose where the mannequins take over London.....Dang can't remember the title.....

bandeek 30

The title was Rose. That's my favorite episode.

*facepalm* should've known that one..... Haven't watched season one in while..... Hmm think I shall do that whilst waiting for Snowmen....

And yes, Stormageddon is a GREAT name. Just read your profile ^_^. I ran out of room on my to put my favorite quotes.....

Hahaha, I like these comments. "Oh cool, no first comment yet. Okay, I gotta be quick. What should I write? Ugggghhhhhh!!! Time is running out! Uhh I can't think of anything. I better just type in 'That's a bit awkward' *enter*. Did I get first comment? No? Damn." And I really really say this a lot more than I should have to, but THERE'S LITERALLY A BUTTON FOR THAT. You don't have to submit pointless comments, you can just press FYL and be done with it.

I think the fml where the person's grandmother started taking her clothes off in the mall is more awkward lol

gczizza1997 15

Awe man :( poor thing this is more fhl. Your name is terrible.

It's alright OP. Sometimes, people that are elderly think that whenever they have a disadvantage or trouble with someone. They think we are purposely disrespecting them.

shawnaishere 14

Did she yell at the mannequins for being disrespectful?

You obviously haven't seen mannequins flipping people off. They're sneaky about it, but I've seen them. You just have to stare at them and never take your eyes away; it took almost two days for me to see them move.

That reminds me of my mom. She works in retail and is always accidentally greeting the mannequins or asking them if they need assistance.

tj5810 21

That's interesting, especially since she was probably the one who set them up. Lol

She works the closing shift, so she doesn't set them up, but she should know where the mannequins are since she works there. XD

adam_tajyar 10

Lol I feel bad for ur mom that's the stress of retail the toll it takes on a person. I know cause I work in retail but luckily no mannequins

No, much more like a geriatric woman who needs a change in her meds. Boss was a close guess though

sonrisapreciosa 6

Senile grandmother strikes again

"If it's too loud, you're too old." This is a slogan for a radio station. (not sure which one.)

Older people get confused sometimes, I hope your Gran is just confused and she doesn't have a serious illness like Alzheimer's...

I think a visit to Hollister could elicit that reaction in anyone, regardless of their age. The place is absurd.

free2speak 14

I don't think you're using the proper term there. Alzheimer's doesn't cause folks to think Mannequins are people.