By elmangy - 11/08/2009 16:58 - United States

Today, I went ice skating for my friend's birthday. We had to vacate the skating rink so that they could smooth out the rink for the next session. I don't know how to skate and my friends left me. Not only was I the last one out of the rink, but I had to crawl my way out with everyone laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 825
You deserved it 5 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some friends. If I were you, I would have just faked a seizure and voided my bowels on the ice rink so that I would not only make my friends feel bad, but I would ruin the experience for everyone.

OMG, that's really funny! OP that sucks, hope you laughed though xD

Comments

Its not that hard to learn how to skate (im not talking about like high speed or backwards and crap but just the basic's) but if it was say your first time then i guess i would have to make you slide.

My advice: sign up for some private lessons and don't say a word. Next time you all go skating you can shock them by skating beautifully. Living well is the best revenge.

Yup, and it doesn't take that long either. I took an 8-week group class and went from barely being able to stand to skating backwards at speed in that time.

jbo300 0

if you don't know how to skate but you were far enough to not get back to the door, how did you get out there in the first place? did you just crawl everywhere? I call fake

proud_liberal 0

ppl don't have health care and u submit this? I hope u get cancer and are excluded from obamas healthcare

Aw man, why you tryin' to start more political diarrhea? Nobody wants to scroll through everyone's worthless 0.02 cents about nooooothiiiing... Which is a hypocritical thing for me to say, but usually my textwalls are in response to others rather than actually attempting to antagonize.

makes me wonder how you got so far into the ring that you would have to crawl out. usually if you cant skate you just go round the edge

19, Fmylife.com contains a daily dose of short anecdotes, based on a simple recipe: in a few sentences, users can tell everyone the shitty moment which ruined their day. These short stories must begin with "Today" and end with "FML". On top of being a huge release for the person telling their story, delightfully proving that "**** ups" happen to everybody every day, fmylife.com also aims to be funny for everyone involved, as well as a way to share your misfortunes with other unlucky individuals, bearing in mind that self deprecation and a sense of irony are essential!

fyl for being left on the ice & Being embarassed in front of everyone, but ydi for going skating when you don`t know how to skate.

To you and everyone else who made similar comments- how the hell are you supposed to learn to skate if you don't know how? By NOT going skating? Good for the OP for trying, and f*** your friends for leaving you. Jet

DDay35 0

perhaps ah_09 didn't phrase it right, but she deserved it for going out into the middle of the ice (which I'm assuming because if she couldnt make it back around the edge then she is just retarded) while not knowing how to skate. And even if you were only skating for 30mins you should have at least learned enough to slowly glide to the edge, its not very difficult.