By immaloser95 - 06/01/2015 21:06 - United States - Portage

Today, I was working out on a horse farm. I slipped and fell on some ice, whacking my head on the metal gate in the process. As I was getting up, I accidentally grabbed the electric fence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 974
You deserved it 3 911

immaloser95 tells us more.

OP here, and loving these awesome puns. I'm glad some of you get to laugh at my pain! :) Let me explain my story. I've been working on horse farms my entire life. For those of you who don't know, an electric fence is for keeping the horses from knocking down the fences and escaping (not fun). They're very hard to see, as they run right the along the top edge of the fence, and especially hard to notice if you aren't looking for them. I've been shocked loads of times out of carelessness, but this time, it wasn't entirely my fault. Here in Michigan, weather is about as bipolar as is gets. It was raining the morning prior to my fall, and it was snowing at the time, covering the ice. And no, I was not running. It is possible to slip on ice while walking. I really wish there was a camera there. I feel like I may have just looked like a cartoon. It did hurt, but my boss and co-stable hand were laughing their asses off, and eventually so was I. I don't think they'll let this one go for a long time! Oh, and as for the person who said I worked around exotic plants....wtf?

Top comments

RandomUsername88 24

I bet you were pretty shocked. Yeah, I'll let myself out

Comments

You should go by a lottery ticket because you just used up all your bad luck for the next 5 years! Hope you feel better soon, OP!

Not the worst farming story I've heard. A family where I grew up had one of their kids drug around and killed by a horse after he roped it, and their other kid was kicked in the head by one of these assholes. Moral of the story is, horses are dicks, and you should stay away from them.

The horse didn't do anything to OP, they're just clumsy.

The horse is the reason that metal gate and electric fence are there, so inadvertently, that ******* horse is responsible. Still a relevant story.

okay, I've met plenty of horses who are sweet and have never done anything like that. it sounds like the parents of the kid (rip) should have trained the horse better before they let their kid goof around with them. they are powerful animals and must be trained right but also respected. just because one bad thing happened doesn't mean you condemn a whole group. horse racist. and needing a gate for a horse? why is that a bad thing? last i checked if a horse isnt in a contained enclosure, it will wander off. do you not believe dogs should be on leashes as well?

"Today, I fell down a ramp. BUT IT'S THE FAULT OF THE ELDERLY BECAUSE IF THEY DIDN'T NEED RAMPS I WOULDN'T HAVE FALLEN DOWN IT." Nice logic, #12. Really solid.

Holy shit, what is happening here? I've been called a lot of things, but horse racist is a first. I don't actually hate horses, and think we should form a mob and drag one behind a pickup trick. I read horse farm and thought I would share a much worse horse farming story to make light of the situation, with a very bad, failed joke about horses being assholes. I wasn't aware that some people would take that seriously, and be sticklers to detail. Maybe, I should have sprinkled in some emoticons and lolololols. My mistake.

#24, I'm aware of my flawed logic, I did that on purpose. I get it, horrible story, I make poor choices. The worst being, wasting my time talking to you hive minded twats.

You ruined the joke when you said someone died. Not everyone is into dark humor. :/

#34 now is the time you stop commenting. Please your point your trying to make isn't reasonable and nobody can take you seriously here

MsFML_ 16

That's terrible! Hope you're ok, though. :)

SpicySparrow 6

Man they need to make a button that says "I feel your pain" or "dude I'm so sorry" because I've put my hand on a electric fence for a horse, and it feels like someone threw a huge ass brick at my back!

chillandfun 12

I don't know much about farms but I never pictured them having electric fences. You must work out near some very exotic plants op.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You can use electric fences for horses, they quickly learn to respect them even if the entire fence is nothing but a few strands of wire. If it's live they usually won't risk shocks to escape.

Yeah you have to keep those pesky exotic plants from running away.

You kinda deserved that one for knowing there was an electric fence there and still grabbing it anyway. All the same, it still does suck :(

I don't know about you, but after whacking my head against something, the last thing I would do is double check if what I'm grabbing to hoist myself up is an electric fence. OP didn't deserve this at all.

YDI for grabbing an electric fence like an idiot