By Rev - 18/03/2009 05:05 - United States

Today, I was working at Coldstone. When a customer tips us we are required to sing. A late night DJ came in, put 20 dollars in the tip cup, and asked to hear every song we had. After we sang one song he looked at me and asked me to please stop singing or he was taking his money back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 124
You deserved it 8 971

Same thing different taste

Top comments

green_199 0

Not a FML. You got a $20 tip. Did you actually WANT to have to sing more?

I don't expect my local Coldstone workers to have Grammy-worthy talent. I expect them to sound like people who work for $6.75 an hour or whatever and are required by their part time job to sing to customers. I don't even like that rule, I think its awkward and kind of humiliating.

Comments

mylifesucks_alot 0

I've never worked there, but I have been there on a few occasions. As someone who has had to take some demeaning jobs over the years, I think that being forced to sing takes the cake. Its humiliating and gives asshole customers one more reason to believe they are somehow "better" than the person behind the counter.

Hahaha! You deserved that one! Singing at work? Hahahaha! Where's your dignity??

Chaith 16

There are no Coldstones where I live. Sounds like a good old awkward' time, though.

chaoschild101 0

thats funny, how bad do you have to be at sining to get rejected, and also not a FML.

idk what coldstone is, but that is kind of funny.

raebeglan 7

they never sign anyway, if they see that your going to put something in the tip jar they just look away

I used to work at Coldstone for years, and I hated singing, every minute of it. Granted I hated my boss to lol

Oh, heaven forbid a late night radio personality is making fun of you. Because DJ's never make jokes or poke fun at people or anything...