By Kitty - 01/06/2009 18:49 - United States

Today, I was working as a waitress at this pub. It was dead. After 4 hours I had only made 5$ in tips. A friendly couple came in and complimented EVERYTHING down to the freshness of the lemons in their tea. The bill came to $50. They left me a $5 gift card to starbucks. I don't drink coffee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 640
You deserved it 7 653

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, there's tea and pastries there, too, yanno. I always get a Chai when I go there. No reason to be completely thankless.

Ooh, burn! I was tipped with toothbrushes once. Hey cool, number 1 =D

Comments

k um.. atleast they gave u something

Surely that's better than a kick up the arse.. Get a grip.

Octiskeet 0

Woah, fml is messing up. The post I was referring to has now disappeared. o.O

sucks but umm... maybe consider finding a better job..

Starbucks sells pleanty of other things. The oatmeal is delicious. Stop being so ungrateful. And if you're gonna bitch about how you make minimum wage, that's you're fault. They probably got it, but don't support starbucks or something, so they left it for you. If I got a starbucks cards as a tip I'd be stoked, they just bought me coffee. They could have left you just a mess, but no, they left you something so shut the **** up.

At least they gave you something. When I worked as a barista, we had our tips stolen one time. And another time, a customer didn't have enough money to pay for their drink and took it out of our tip jar. -___- Maybe trade a co-worker who drinks coffee $5 for the gift card? At least, that's what I would do.

Yeah, OP, you;re coming across very ungrateful be thankful they gave you something I don;t drink coffee either but maybe there's something other than coffee you can buy in Starbucks using that voucher.

Well at starbucks they seel hot chocolate, tea, muffins, cookies, bread so dont worry, at the starbucks near me they have alll the stuff i listed!

At least you got something. When I worked as a barista, our tips would get stolen by little teenage punks. And on time, this girl didn't have enough money to pay for her drink and just took it out of our tip jar. -___- Maybe trade the gift card for $5 with a co-worker? That's what I would do.

xNatsuki 0

Oh, that sucks. I hope you get more tomorrow. Hopefully you live in Kentucky or Indiana.. *In Kentucky and Indiana, the employer is supposed to pay you the difference between what you make in tips and the minimum wage if your tips do not bring you up to that. It is very seldom that tips do not bring the wages of a server up to minimum wage when averaged over a period of a few days to a week, so employers assume that overall you are making minimum wage or more and do not make up the difference if you have a bad day every now and then.