By KMROYALShottie - 27/05/2009 04:50 - United States

Today, I was taking out the trash and I came upon a bill from a veterinary hospital. It was for $50 and it was a bill to put my dog down. My Dad said my dog was missing and I put hundreds of signs around the city. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 885
You deserved it 2 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ChelsiGotSpunk 0

Aw, dude that sucks. Your dad is a bitch.

Wow, I can't find the appropriate words for your dad...so I just say: Whatever bad happens to him in life, he will totally deserve it.

Comments

I think he was just trying to protect you. Fail. C'est la vie.

quicktip: when your parents say that your pet ran away... it´s because they gave it away, abandomned it or killed it.

To #33 I'm assuming the OP is a young child otherwise it makes no sense why his dad lied to him.

You know, that's deep but your dad just didn't want you to get hurt but he's an idiot for putting the bill in the trash he shoulda shred it or burned it he just wanted to protect your feelings.

I always assumed this was a teenager and older sight.... I would have thought anyone over 6 could handle the death of a pet if told in the right way Protecting feelings doesn't help in the long term at all

I had a pup run away when I was a kid once. Took its toys and everything. Clever dog.... Lies to make things 'gentler' are a bitch.

Unless you are 8 (and considering you being on this site, I doubt it), FYL indeed.

fretforyerlatte 0

40 & 42, one would definitely think that it would be teens & up, and with the kind of subject matter often posted it really should be, but i've seen comments on here from people who say they are as young as ten. horrifying, isn't it?

10 is a bit young to read some of this stuff. But it is old enough to not need to be protected about your dog's death.

Vet's can put down perfectly healthy dogs. So assuming there was something wrong with the dog is wrong. Also that was a stupid lie on your dad's part. FYL indeed.