By KMROYALShottie - 27/05/2009 04:50 - United States

Today, I was taking out the trash and I came upon a bill from a veterinary hospital. It was for $50 and it was a bill to put my dog down. My Dad said my dog was missing and I put hundreds of signs around the city. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 885
You deserved it 2 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ChelsiGotSpunk 0

Aw, dude that sucks. Your dad is a bitch.

Wow, I can't find the appropriate words for your dad...so I just say: Whatever bad happens to him in life, he will totally deserve it.

Comments

fretforyerlatte 0

maybe OP's dad accidently hit the dog while backing out or something, it was hurt too badly to be saved, and he felt so horrible about it that he had no idea how to tell them. or it was old and/or sick. i would hope the vet wouldn't just put down a healthy dog. :( in any case that's very sad, it's so hard to lose a pet. i'm sorry.

Oh poor dog. & why ur father so mean. Must have hated that dog a lot.

I know people like to protect people from things that will hurt them, and how upsetting it can be to lose a pet, but they would have found out sooner or later, Dad couldn't protect them from it forever, and explaining it to them would have been a much less painful way than they did find out.

XScarlet 4

That's really sad! I hope you told your dad that you found the receipt! Hopefully he had a good reason for doing it, but even if he was trying to protect you from being upset about the death he should have done a better job of concealing it. Parent fail.

I'm sorry for the loss of your pet but my guess is your dog was terminally ill/injured and your dad was just trying to protect you from the pain of your pet dying. It's what fathers are supposed to do.

FYI people, you can get your dog put down for no reason. It is just apparently $25 cheaper to do it at the A.S.P.C.A. Don't want to start a fight. Just pointing it out.

I don't understand why they would need protecting so much, everyone experiences death in their lives and dad won't be able to protect you from every one of them. I assume the OP isn't a young child therefore the dad should have been honest. What's he going to say is someone like a grandparent dies... "grandma's gone to Florida"?? Yes it would hurt them to find out their dog is dead but it's better than living in some hopeless idea that their dog might come back....

Even if the dog was old and sick, it was cruel of the OP's father to deny the OP closure like that by lying. I hope the OP confronted dear ole' dad. FYL indeed, dude.